Julia

Affiliate & Ad Networks
Affiliate Manager
Traffic Manager
AffKit Ninja
ADxAD
ADxAD
Hey AF members :)
For the past 3 weeks I've received tons of intros from unknown, I think bot contacts in Skype. Here is a screenshot: Screenshot - 89e6d381c0e332563004cb545dcbcf7e - Gyazo . Of course I've marked them all as spam, but they keep coming. Is someone trying to attack my account :)D ) or my ID is now in spam distribution lists? Any ideas where did they find my contact?)

logo-affiliatefix.png

Who knows? I got a cyber-whore contact yesterday I think. Asked her to 'state her business' and she backed off fast.
My guess --skype accounts may have been compromised again (somehow) Skype trojan maybe? This is the first problem like this in some time ....

Who knows? I got a cyber-whore contact yesterday I think. Asked her to 'state her business' and she backed off fast.
My guess --skype accounts may have been compromised again (somehow) Skype trojan maybe? This is the first problem like this in some time ....
on top of that my colleagues in ADxAD also faces the same issue every day ... which makes it even more weird to me

Messengers are always getting hacked --they are a huge target
Don't use Skype to convey any password or confidential info

I've marked them all as spam, but they keep coming.

Yeah, I've been blanketed with these as well. All of mine so far have been asian, all asian characters, and unable to read. Straight to spam, but they keep coming.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've been blanked with these as well. All of mine so far have been asian, all asian characters, and unable to read. Straight to spam, but they keep coming.
yes, mine are all in Chinese and even translator can't make their message clear

Its stupid that you cant set a option in Skype, that you don't allow any 'Friend/Contact requests' but that you can only send them, or maybe generate some kind of unique Skype invite link, so that only people in that way can send you a request and that you can generate new ones if the old link is being compromised...

but maybe i'm just thinking to simple about things... hehe

The solution is delete skype. :) Problem solved.

Honestly I stopped using skype nearly 2 years ago unless specifically asked to use skype by someone. I always try to steer people away from it. So many better options exist.

I used to get spammed, when I had my Skype contact listed in forums in my profile info. Haven't had any since I removed it. Kind of tough though, if you need it listed for business.

Not something new for people in this industry, I've been seeing it for years now. I like the new answer to this question though It's coronavirus Don't touch or click it :p

Its stupid that you cant set a option in Skype, that you don't allow any 'Friend/Contact requests' but that you can only send them, or maybe generate some kind of unique Skype invite link, so that only people in that way can send you a request and that you can generate new ones if the old link is being compromised...

but maybe i'm just thinking to simple about things... hehe
yep, that kind of system might help.

Honestly I stopped using skype nearly 2 years ago unless specifically asked to use skype by someone. I always try to steer people away from it. So many better options exist.
"not using Skype" is not an option now, until entire affiliate community starts making business contact in new messenger. Telegram seems to be a good variant, but I feel like it's not so popular now, at least with people far from RU, UA, BY.

Not something new for people in this industry, I've been seeing it for years now. I like the new answer to this question though It's coronavirus Don't touch or click it :p
not new for me, too. But now the escalation of new contacts adding to our business Skype accounts is super annoying. I wish Microsoft pay more attention to security of their top products. Or at least add working spam filter :)

I used to get spammed, when I had my Skype contact listed in forums in my profile info. Haven't had any since I removed it. Kind of tough though, if you need it listed for business.
really looks like the contacts were parsed, I wish I could new the source :( Once the analogue of SKype messenger occurs I'm gonna be the 1st one to delete all my references :D

Seriously??? And what to use tho? Discord?
Skype is the most practical app for communication for business.. I DARE YOU CHANGE MY MIND!

For the past 3 weeks I've received tons of intros from unknown, I think bot contacts in Skype.
You must have left your Skype in some forums and groups, that's the most acceptable reason to receive a bunch of spam dms

- Samira

Bruce is a great guy and very fixed in his mindset with some things. Doesn't come around much anymore.
I see ..he disappeared since Sep 2020 ..
Since I joined .. I could see many cool members leave or stop coming frequently. A bet ! They make money by following instructions here .. . and went somewhere to spend it ..
Say I'm clever!
Think About It GIF by Rosanna Pansino

- Samira

Skype is MicroCrap > what do you expect?
It is the most commonly used internet messenger now so deal with it.
Block and report the spam accounts and after some time they go away to be replaced by new ones. The internet is fueled by spam /s

MI
Back