• No I wouldn't

Votes: 7 36.8%

• Total voters

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Who would join an AffiliateFix Skype group?

Or would it take attention away from the forums?

Skye group can turn too complicated because new people wont know the topic and old bees will keep on pinging.. I dont wanna see a orange light always pinging and showing in my sidebar and taskbar!

Just my thoughts!

Thanks

I've been in a few masterminds, back on the days from STM, many got started, very very few remained. The thing is, it will work only with a very limited amount of people and with almost the same experience. For ex, if 3 guys are trying to get to 1k/day and comes newbies asking basic questions will annoy the more experienced members and they will leave.

Maybe a Dojo mastermind will work, but only for the higher level affiliates to help each other....it's too much direct interaction to allow everyone.

However, if there are 5-6 members, with close level of knowledge, sharing almost the same goals, it will be awesome. I know my partner got to next level from this kind of skype group.

I'm inexperienced with Masterminds but I think what AffKit said is probably true. How would you arrange similar levels of ability? It would be very, very cool to have a mentor for different areas, i.e. PPV, PPC, SEO, etc. and let people join the groups they're interested in but I think that would probably be time consuming and a pain the butt for the mentor.

I would deff ask noob questions. How else will I learn? However, simply make it invite only based on reward system (as an example). There are noobs and then there are noobs. I want/need to learn but I know how not to be a pain in the ass.

To give you an example of a mastermind I've been in.

I knew a guy who I sold one of my applications 3-4 years ago. He bought it just to promote on fb and make money from installs. I've worked closely with him after the sale and helped me got started in aff marketing. After i started seeing some success he invited me on a Skype group for FB where all the guys were doing almost the same thing, promoting apps installs, about 7-8 people were there, all got in based on referrals, so everyone there had some level of trust.

I was invited because of my programming knowledge, not because of my aff knowledge, but I learned some great tricks that got revealed to the public 6 months-1 year after, when they cannot be milked anymore.

However, the group died after about a month, i think because the 2 most active guys stopped getting involved.

On the other had, a partner of mine, is on a skype group of media buying, 5 guys, all with over 1k/day profit(for 2 years almost). They all know each other pretty well, they regularly meet face2face on Aff Summits, etc so they trust each other. The best of this high level of trust is you can share the hottest landers, traffic sources, ads, stuff like that, without being afraid it will get public.

So in my opinion, masterminds are tricky stuff, very powerful but needs high trust , commitment and everyone should contribute with something that will help others, not just asking questions and give nothing in return.

Last edited:
If the forum here is helpful I would not suggest branching off into something else. At some point you have to limit how many outlets you can stay up with.

A Skype group should be a paid group otherwise you will have too many time-wasters hop on just for fun. A Skype group can be a closed group targeted to those who want to discuss about certain niches in IM, share ideas and more work related stuff.

I think a Skype group devoted simply to keeping members connected while they aren't posting here is a good idea. This is based on my experience in other Forum groups on Skype, which can be productive and and sometimes just fun. I am only active in two other Groups, but so far I have not had a negative experience and both Forums are still extremely active.

I don't think a Skype Group could replace this Forum though, unless the Forum was extremely low quality and that is not the case with Affiliate Fix. A Skype Group is really just a Chat Room addition to the forum, so that is basically what you will get if you create one. Could go either way but I see it as a positive thing.

Looking forward to your decision on it !

5-5 atm.

Possibly one for Dojo members.

+ 1 for trying with Skype Group for Dojo members, it shouldn't hurt as a trial. The only thing to overcome is the newbie members expectations to respond ASAP to any questions and not caring to post on the forum anymore, everyone wants fast answers. I saw that on another forum vip area where all the new guys posted questions on the chat room instead of posting on the forum, which means less quality answers and less forum engagement.

Luke - Is that a Dojo skype group or a whole forum group?

[video=youtube;y2R3FvS4xr4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2R3FvS4xr4[/video]

It would be awesome if done the right way and the bashers are controlled. I tend to leave Skype groups due to it containing low quality information, thus causing more of an annoyance to me than anything.

One just for The Dojo would probably be best. That way we know it's only filled with serious people. I understand that at not every can afford The Dojo right away, but if you are a serious affiliate you need to make sacrifices and saving up enough for The Dojo is a good investment IMO.

banners
Back