The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

SEO Terrorism

Graybeard

How many websites of yours/or your clients have suffered "Death"?

terrorist-seo.jpg

Last edited:
I gave up on SEO. Not because it doesn't work but because it's so much work over such a long time. I'm too type A for it. Plus not social enough. :D

So, in a way, I cheated elgooG the opportunity to kill my sites off.

Gotta take your wins where you find them, no matter how small. :D

Last edited:
Looks like i need to learn many things from you guys :)

Don't mind us, different things appeal to, and work for, different people.

If something's working for you and/or you're enjoying it, keep it up. You know that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Don't mind us, different things appeal to, and work for, different people.

If something's working for you and/or you're enjoying it, keep it up. You know that old saying, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"

Yeah But sometimes we need a mentor to help us overcome the problems and i think learning we shouldn't stop learning.

i think learning we shouldn't stop learning.

You are absolutely right about that!

What I meant was, don't just stop something if it's working because some of us aren't elgooG fans. I personally don't like how they make site owners jump through hoops, like when they had people deleting hundreds of their pages to get into new animal compliances and when they penalized sites for other sites linking to them. That sort of thing. I became jaded.

By 2015 that went to 124,000 per month from Google
Mostly Panda and the other Google zoo animals
Do you have any idea how much 480K search referrals are worth per month?

Don't ask for company details or URLS -- not going to say!

jan2014-seo.png

Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall. All the king's horses and all the king's men couldn't put Humpty together again.

The website had many established customers by then and survived the fall -- Humpty Dumpty was SEO c.2005

Yesterday's heroes are tomorrow's shitheads -- proven time and time again ;)

My past ventures didn't rank well because I did it wrong for years. Now I've gotten smarter. Doing things the "right" way and I'm reaping the benefits.
You just got to understand that SEO is a long-term game.

We did 'everything wrong for years' and did well over 100 million euros in business.
Google arbitrarily moves the goal post because they can and all the SEO hacks swam in like flies.

We had more real content than 90% of all websites -- mostly live adult webcam streaming.

Sour grapes, not really. Our pivot was buying more ads. So, then Google fucks us again on the price of AdWords. There was a major price increase in 2015. Our costs for AdWords rose to $2 million /year.

Just like a Mafia protection racket -- break some windows, send a few stick-up men and then offer you protection 'assurance' to stay away from your business. Pfff

The only thing that should matter in SEO is website user affinity -- all the rest is bullshit.

Google-Analytics is reporting everything (most) to mothership Google. If Google says they can't figure out all of that data -- they are lying.

Google is a parasite in the truest sense -- they built their empire on other peoples content. Now Google gets user data (metatags at least) from Google DNS, Android and Chrome.
</tinfoil hat on>Who do you think the NSA calls? It ain't Ghostbusters </tinfoil hat off>
gforce.jpg

Either Google pays off the governments where they operate or the governments "will break Googles legs." Everybody has a *boss* even world governments. Never forget that ;)

Of 18, 2 died (I knew in advance this would happen). The traditional content sites all continued to perform well and grow. Sold them off, except for 4. Still going strong with an average of 1.5% to 3.2% monthly growth. Not the best growth, but I don't have the time these days to properly slam the SEO with all of the options available.

I had one die recently -- I stuck my tongue out at Google just to prove to myself Google was editing the web's content to suit their own view. The domain was not important to me it was just a honeypot -- to trap bot and asinine wordpress comment spammers :eek:.

Plan A is paid ads you can "buy a vowel"

You are right about producing content --but only if it is useful.
I am working on a site that will use a tremendous amount of local data -- so much that it will be 30,000 + pages. The site is machine written and till have what is close to unique meta descriptions and title 40% to 60% unique. json schema snippits. Objective is just that the pages are interlinked and machine readable.

Google will do what Google will do --and I am not going to depend on it --that is a fool's game IMHO.

that is a fool's game IMHO.

AMEN!

Yes, but one can use the outer perimeters of "G's" needs to set it and for the most part forget it on evergreen content sites as long as a continued daily flow of high quality content is added. I farm it out now. They aren't the best, but they are above average, and most importantly...THEY EARN! Still, If I had the time, I would set up 40 or 50 of these and just pay a virtual assistant to complete my daily instructions. I just have so much going on right now with family and the reconstruction here that I haven't the 5 or 6 months needed to set them up and properly launch them at the moment. The day is coming.

Like past 5 or even upto 10 years I am trying to make it all within Google Updates needs right from the start. If the client decline this - I simply stop working with him completely. I mean don't pay attention to my advices. That way like 90% of sites were fine with fluctuations till date.

I am always focused on;
  1. UX (user experience)
  2. Content value to users
  3. Returning user ratios
  4. Site navigation
If you get these 3 4 things right and your HTML code is understandable by robots (machine readable by SE indexing apps) you will get natural backinks and social media citations. If you content is mediocre or total crap you will need every SEO trick in the book along with so many others.

Brands rule and flash-in-the-pan wins don't last long (do it again wash, rinse, repeat, repeat, repeat ...)

Last edited:
banners
Back