Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“FunnelFlux  Zeydoo

Honeybadger

Affiliate
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
Customer is browsing site
Example. mywinterskiboots.com
Customer clicks hyper link (to anchor on same page)
Example. mywinterskiboots.com#newsletter-sign-up
  • Is it considered like any other link?
  • Will bounce rate drop to zero?

Graybeard

affiliate
I haven't seen a #anchor indexed in the SERPs for a long time (years).
The only times I recall that happening were on very long pages for manuals for software or history documents.

Logic, and algorithms?, might see the anchor links as being to sections if importance in a document. That's the way I use anchor links to aid a viewers navigation --a 'suggestive menu'

Honeybadger

Affiliate
affiliate
AffKit Ninja
I haven't seen a #anchor indexed in the SERPs for a long time (years).

Query --> on page anchor link jump to

SERP Snippet

wordpress.org › support › article › page-jumps
Page Jumps | WordPress.org
Jump to Link to your HTML AnchorPage jumping, also sometimes referred to as anchor links, is where you click a link and instantly get moved ...

SERP link --> https:// wordpress.org/support/article/page-jumps/
Anchor link (in SERP & on-page) --> https:// wordpress.org/support/article/page-jumps/#link-to-your-html-anchor

For 'Bounce Rate' and 'Number of Pages Viewed', are they treated as separate links, in terms of Chrome User Experience Report?

Main reason to ask, I started using content menu lists (with on-page anchors) and these can appear in SERP snippets & rich snippets

Graybeard

affiliate
Query --> on page anchor link jump to

SERP Snippet

wordpress.org › support › article › page-jumps
Page Jumps | WordPress.org
Jump to Link to your HTML AnchorPage jumping, also sometimes referred to as anchor links, is where you click a link and instantly get moved ...

HTML:
<meta property="og:description" content="Page jumping, also sometimes referred to as anchor links, is where you click a link and instantly get moved somewhere further up or down a long page. To enable this, you put a HTML Anchor as Headin…" />

<p class="toc-jump"><a href="#top">Top &uarr;</a></p><h2 class="toc-heading" id="link-to-your-html-anchor" tabindex="-1">Link to your HTML Anchor <a href="#link-to-your-html-anchor" class="anchor"><span aria-hidden="true">&#35;</span> <span class="screen-reader-text">Link to your HTML Anchor</span></a></h2>

Makes sense -- forward links :D

MI