The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Question About Media Buying (Native)

AmNovice

How do ad exchanges like Taboola, Outbrain, etc ensure that your ads will be shown to your targeted audience?

If you have your own website, it's easy since you know your audience. But, as an affiliate with no website, how do you ensure that the right audience is targeted for your campaigns? Is it done only through the keyword bidding on the particular ad exchange?

Much appreciated.

Hi @AmNovice Exchanges basically use their DMP's to categorize sites according to their content and in whichever vertical it falls.
So when you do category targeting, any site that matches exactly or related to its context get the opportunity to host your ad. :) I hope this helps.

Hi @AmNovice Exchanges basically use their DMP's to categorize sites according to their content and in whichever vertical it falls.
So when you do category targeting, any site that matches exactly or related to its context get the opportunity to host your ad. :) I hope this helps.
It does help! Thanks a lot!

Exchanges basically use their DMP's to categorize sites according to their content and in whichever vertical it falls.
Thanks! So, let's say I'm running a Native campaign and the vertical is anti-virus software, will the exchanges only run my offer on tech-related websites? And will they know to do this based on the keywords I'm bidding for?

How do ad exchanges like Taboola, Outbrain, etc ensure that your ads will be shown to your targeted audience?

If you have your own website, it's easy since you know your audience. But, as an affiliate with no website, how do you ensure that the right audience is targeted for your campaigns? Is it done only through the keyword bidding on the particular ad exchange?

Much appreciated.

Hi!

To ensure that the right audience is targeted for your campaigns, you need to choose the traffic source with a wide variety of targeting options.

For example, in RichAds, we have targeting according to the country, region, city, OS, device, browser language, connection type, carrier targeting, etc.

Moreover, after the first results, you can see from which type of targeting your audience came from.

Rich that has nothing to do with the OP's question ... The question was the relevance of the audience determined by what the demographics of that placement website is i.e.; website category sort or the 'keyword relevance'
Is it done only through the keyword bidding on the particular ad exchange?
keyword relevance has absolutely nothing to do with the user data from the server request ...

MI
Back