The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Presenting the Missing Link

Graybeard

Why do people buy in the digital age?

AI Paraphrased:
{"newText":"The expectations and habits of the modern user - Give me what I want, when I want it, where I want it. However, too much information also poses a challenge for the modern consumer – how to filter out the right information he or she needs at that moment from the ocean of available information.

According to an eye-tracking study, their eyes avoid the top and right edges of web pages because they're used to knowing that's where ads are usually placed. They have sensitive BS detection radars and can easily detect fake product reviews or self-promotional assets from advertisers.

Consumers actively seek information and typically do online research before making a purchase, particularly for high-ticket items or more complex products. If they conduct such a search for information and cannot find your information on the first few pages of search results, then you do not exist.

If an answer to the missing link isn't found, they may simply not buy, postpone the purchase, or simply buy what the y know of a product, service, or brand they previously bought. < the incumbent status quo

The right information, at the right time, to the right person, via the right device. So couldn't each person have a different missing link? Yes. Doesn't that mean that it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to identify each customer's missing link, let alone solve it? Yes. And even if we could identify each user's missing link, wouldn't it be prohibitively expensive to send each individual a message about their missing link? Yes.

Furthermore, since the habits of modern users are to proactively search for information, marketers don't even have to worry about how to get the message across to the user, since users will retrieve the information themselves when they want or need it. So if they're looking for it, it's imperative that the advertiser makes the information easily and efficiently discoverable, across whatever channel the user is using - desktop, mobile, social, etc."}

2008, Dr. Augustine Fou

Dr Fou is now doing ad fraud detection --worth the time to read what he says (IMHO).

According to an eye-tracking study, their eyes avoid the top and right edges of web pages because they're used to knowing that's where ads are usually placed. They have sensitive BS detection radars and can easily detect fake product reviews or self-promotional assets from advertisers.

Exactly and the heat maps over the years prove this out.

As for BS detection, I count on it. When they come across my landers and sites, credibility and validity are among the priorities for the consumers.

Consumers actively seek information and typically do online research before making a purchase, particularly for high-ticket items or more complex products. If they conduct such a search for information and cannot find your information on the first few pages of search results, then you do not exist.

Well, semi accurate, particularly with high ticket. I say this because the SE's are only one of the paths these types of consumers rely on. In fact, in my experience with watches and charters, there is more (more abundance of) reliable traffic from the lesser known and more niche specific product or service forums. I believe this to be growing as well. For example, I am a bit of an expert on Patek Philippe watches as I have been an owner and enthusiast for more than 30 years along with a few other brands. This buys me loads of credibility in the small communities catering to the owners and prospective owners. Many of the consumers rely heavily on a "collaboratory" environment for information from their peers in these niche groups and gathering places in order to make decisions. It is really cool as it reveals so much about that form of consumer.

Furthermore, since the habits of modern users are to proactively search for information, marketers don't even have to worry about how to get the message across to the user, since users will retrieve the information themselves when they want or need it. So if they're looking for it, it's imperative that the advertiser makes the information easily and efficiently discoverable, across whatever channel the user is using - desktop, mobile, social, etc."}

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Well, semi accurate, particularly with high ticket. I say this because the SE's are only one of the paths these types of consumers rely on.
That's a good point. When you are spending big you do tend to research the options more carefully. Cutting through the BS is difficult. Real life comments or discussions are useful but take some effort to find. The higher the cost risk the more research --usually.

MI
Back