The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

PLR Private Label Rights - Good Idea or Scam?

mike73

I have seen some sites offering ebooks that you can then re sell after buying is this a good way of making an income or a scam.

Hi Mike, I split your question off into a new thread because I thought it deserved it's own separate thread and could take the other thread off track a little.

That practice is called Private Label Rights or PLR for short. I personally thinks it's kind of funky. Typically IMHO newbies get excited because they get their own ebook to resell, but it's just a duplicate copy that lots of us have seen other people try to sell or that the pros that can afford to, just give away as a bonus.

Some here will come and tell you it's great, I'm just pretty anti the whole ebook/PLR market. They aren't all scams as a whole and I'm sure there are some good ones that break the mold, I just don't see the value.

PLR is something I am a little on the fence about
Great source of content if you are not able to generate your own content, but problem is the duplicate content clause

Not a scam but not high up on my list of priorities

It's not a scam. It's not for everyone, but for a lot of people it's an affordable way to get content. I have never done PLR ebooks, only articles, but I imagine that a PLR ebook would be just as valuable as any other ebook. Just because other people have bought it doesn't mean that they will use it or know how to sell it. It's your marketing skills that will get an ebook noticed, not whether anyone else has one like it.

As for PLR articles, they are a lot more affordable and they are easy to customize. Most people rewrite them slightly or add them together to make a report or a longer piece of content. It's just another way to get things done. And like ebooks, not everyone who buys them is going to use them- and that's if anyone else even buys them. Just because they're for sale doesn't mean that they have been bought before.

PLR is something to approach with the right frame of mind, as mentioned above. This is something more like hiring some one to do all of the research for your site content, while you rewrite it to fit your needs. The best PLR content will contain so much valuable information that you will be able to divide the content if you so want to.

I think PLR ebooks are great, you can change them if you want, you can add your name and link to your website/s, you can add on your affiliate links - yeah they're great, better than just resale rights where no changes are allowed.

I have seen some sites offering ebooks that you can then re sell after buying is this a good way of making an income or a scam.

:cool:

What is it . . . or Why is it that anything folks do not easily understand in the world of Internet Marketing is frequently considered to be a "SCAM".

Now it seems - Private Label Rights is under investigation. That it is a good way of making an income must surely rest with the individual.

What you do with the Private Label Rights material . . . how it is presented, topic interest, and so much more must really be taken into consideration long before the issue of creating income is considered.

Anyone who does not fully understand Private Label Rights should be advised to leave well alone.

There is more to "PLR" than meets the eye, and despite popular belief . . . simply sticking you name on the Private Label Rights material and offering it as your product to the marketplace is not the way to go about it.

I am at a loss to understand where the issue of scam comes in, but I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion regardless.

MI
Back