The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Please I Need Help with the Custom Domain Configuration of Bemob and Namecheap

Mabegu5000

affiliate
hello how are you
I have a problem with the domain or configuration

What happens is that I have the main domain in another hosting and there I have a wordpress.

but I need to create a subdomain to add it to a tracking system (Bemob) but when I configure the subdomain to tracking it is the domain where I have the wordpress stops working and I reconfigure the domain where I have the wordpress, but the subdomain of the tracker stops function

How can i fix this

thanks for your reply

and excuse my bad english

The subdomain configuration is made on your domain's Name Servers
You domain Name Server is usually* with your hosting company and not the domain registrar namecheap.

At the DNS (domain name server) the registrar (Namecheap in your case) points the internet root server to:
@example.com in A 123.123.234.233
www in A 123.123.234.233
tracker in A 283.90.80.11

is the basic configuration where 'A' is the IP address of the server
you should also use the IPv6 location also looks like this
inet6 fe80::1e9c:fbf2:6dc8:1083/64

Thank you very much for your response @Graybeard

but I really did all the steps I created a subdomain in the hosting, then I configured it with the IP of my histing.

when I go to the "Advanced DNS" option and configure the host as it tells me (Bemob) in this guide: help.bemob.com/docs/adding-a-domain-with-namecheap

The whole web comes back down and ... Namecheap support tells me that when a CNAME record is made, it automatically stays with the host server in (in this case bemob), and the other DNS of the main domain is disabled by default .

I spoke with Bemob support and I got this answer:

"Basically, you must configure another CNAME record and point it to your primary domain."

but I don't know how that is done ...

And once again I apologize for my bad English

hello friend @Graybeard

to be clearer in what I try to say watch the video from minute 5:29

he is using wordpress and at the same time is using bemob with the subdomain of his primary domain

This is what I mean, how can I set this up like that?
or how does he do it?

$dig subdomain.domain.com

without knowing the exact domain
track in CNAME trackerid.bemob.com <(FQDN)

the CNAME configuration aliases the domain (or sub domain name) to another FQDN (fully qualified domain name) NAME not an IP.

At the namecheap, you should be configure as the custom domain ... which point to dns which supply by your wordpress hosting .....

at your wordpress hosting ... you custom your cname point to your subdomain ( not at namecheap but at your wordpress domain hosting ... because now your domain is handle by your wordpress hosting (ex bluehost or godaddy )

MI
Back