The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Pausing underperforming geos

flitpy

affiliate
Hi,
I'm very new to AM and I'm following the $1 STM guide for pop ads using Mobipium's smartlink for push subscribers.

I'm a bit confused about when to pause underperforming geos.

If you run your initial traffic and have some data back, then organise it by Geo.

Then the advice in the STM $1 guide is to "look for GEOs with more than 3 conversions + negative ROI and remove them."

I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind it. So you remove a country that has conversions but negative ROI?

But won't all my countries probably have negative ROI on my first campaign?

So I'm leaving countries in my list that have had zero conversions but still have negative ROI?

It's probably right, but I just want to understand the reasoning behind it and the end goal of what kind of result from a geo you want?

Or maybe I've misunderstood?

Thanks for the help,

In theory, you could get 3 conversions with a limited number of pops.
But then you could also hit the powerball lottery by buying one ticket ...
I think you got your $1's worth of advise :D

Then the advice in the STM $1 guide is to "look for GEOs with more than 3 conversions + negative ROI and remove them."
that's great, then follow that.
I'm just trying to understand the thinking behind it. So you remove a country that has conversions but negative ROI?
yes exactly, that's what you do.
But won't all my countries probably have negative ROI on my first campaign?
you gonna have some countries green or closer to green :).

It's probably right, but I just want to understand the reasoning behind it and the end goal of what kind of result from a geo you want?
you just look for some geo that can give you + ROI or so closed to + and focus on it and optimize more so you can get the green stable :cool:.
Or maybe I've misunderstood?

your question does make sense don't worry :D

MI
Back