The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How many geos to target?

isedo

I'm setting up my Propeller Ads Push campaign. Mainstream.
How many geos do you suggest to targert?
Is it better to target just one or target like 5 or 10 and then see which one converts better?

Is there some ideal setting for this?
Thanks

It's Smartlinks, i have no idea.
The AM gave me a list of Geos I can use. They vary from Indonesia to India to Ukraine...

By the way this is what the support from Propeller Ads told me:

"First we don't recommend promoting smartlinks since you don't have control over the offers that are rotating on it, and this may cause your account suspension or even permanent ban."

So promoting smartlinks do not seems to be like a good idea. I wonder why Mobidea is pushing to promote these.

I have yet to use a smartlink. I have my specific geos. I have a strong preference for complete control and allowing someone's algorithm to make decisions for me I get nervous.

The only time I combine geos is when they share the same language. My content sites are currently available in multiple languages and my landing pages are the same. When targeting Panama, for example, I must use a native Panamanian for the translations because there are significant differences in the Hispanic countries dialects, phrase, and pronunciations, and even spellings of the same words. Smartlink algo's do not take this into account.

I suggest you use a VPN to check out the landing pages your smartlink is directing to for various GEOs, then make a general purpose lander or banner ad which aligns with those landing pages.

Well, door 1, door 2, door 3
The referred gets sent to the location where that cohort has proven to convert best --that's the theory.

These networks do not share conversion data that you could parse an make a well-reasoned decision.
Networks may give out EPC but that is only relative to their network globally.

For <$2 SOI/DOI does that really matter much?
Same for the overhead of landing pages ...

Personally, I would just try to filter the garbage out of the network traffic.

Adscore
^Haven't used this myself but a tool to filter the traffic and check the quality might be appropriate.

banners
Back