The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Password security

schizoman

affiliate
I saw a post in Webmasters Universe about the importance of using strong passwords. I agree wholeheartedly. I don't have permission to post there, so I thought I'd share how I make strong passwords that I can remember here. Simply put, use a mnemonic.

1) Pick a phrase (a lyric or a favorite quote) that's 6-10 words long. For example, "Melts in your mouth, not in your hands."
2) Take the first letter of each word, and alphabetize every third (can be second or fourth or whatever) letter: miYmnIyh.
3) Put a number somewhere in the middle. Don't make the number too obvious. Use your work address instead of your home address, for example: miYm7782nIyh.
4) Use a non-alphanumeric character or two. Don't get too esoteric here, as different sites have different sets of characters that they will allow. You can place these anywhere you like: miYm!7782!nIyh.

I use this method anywhere that security is an issue. Hope this helps.

If people are really struggling, or just love to have everything automated for them by a simple click of a button, then hit your favorite browser icon and search "random password generator". Your find free service for random password creation.

Hope this of help to you

MI
Back