“mobile”/ paypertrail
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Null

Outbrain Tracking Parameters and S2S Postback

Discussion in 'Tracking' started by Ryan Bartman, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Ryan Bartman

Ryan Bartman Affiliate affiliate

Hello,

Can anyone please confirm for me the tracking parameters for Outbrain? Is what I have in the attached image correct?

Also, is S2S postback possible with Outbrain? I am using voluum as my tracker. Thank you!

Attached Files:

2. Golden Goose
  3. Certified
    tyoussef

tyoussef Moderator moderator Certified Vendor Service Manager affiliate

this is their tokens : ClickPapa Tokens - TrackingTokens.com .
    just verify that and you are ready to go.

and about Postback just see there platform if they support that you will see it.

and if you are using a tracker i don't see any good reason to use their platform to track, you are just giving the data to the traffic source i don't like that at all.

azgold and Ryan Bartman like this.
  4. Karolina Voluum

Karolina Voluum Service Manager Service Manager affiliate

@Ryan Bartman I have tried to confirm it using Outbrain's documentation, but all I found in their KB is this article on UTM tracking (https://www.outbrain.com/help/advertisers/utm-tracking/).

One of VLM customers has this set up and all the data are sent to Voluum (confirmed by our Account Manager). These tokens are a little bit different from those listed, maybe it will help you:

[​IMG]

When it comes to origsrcid and origsrcname - Outbrain doesn't list them in their doc so I can't say for sure if they are right or not.

I've seen some comments that Outbrain does offer a S2S postback. It's for mobile app tracking normally but can be used for any product/campaign (https://www.outbrain.com/help/advertisers/server-app-integrations/#postback).
    They also support a javascript pixel. If you can add Outbrain's conversion pixel to your Thank you page, it will fire conversions back to OB (https://www.outbrain.com/help/advertisers/multiple-conversions/).

Ryan Bartman likes this.
  5. Ryan Bartman

Ryan Bartman Affiliate affiliate

Thanks tyoussef and also Karolina for the help! Yea Outbrain's documentation is pretty vague regarding the passback tokens - both Taboola and RevContent are quite clear on the other hand. Thank you though for the screenshot and verification. I will set mine up like that.

As for the S2S postback I've decided to not use it anyways because like tyoussef said there's no benefit to it really in this case.

Thanks again for the help!

6. kingslandingArthur

kingslandingArthur Affiliate affiliate

I have tried to confirm it using Outbrain's documentation, but all I found in their KB is this article on UTM tracking

Ryan Bartman likes this.
banners