The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

No quitting...

GriD

Hello everybody...
A quick introduction is always nice so one knows who is behind the keyboard on the other side...
Having had a few offline businesses, my last one has been completely taken down by the Pandemy restrictions imposed by our government (including two forced business closures)...
So being out of customers I am rerouting my attention towards affiliate marketing, still lots to learn and I hope to find some help here...
Always happy to assist anyone as well but for now it seems I will be on the requesting end...
As the title states, no quitting... For me it seems this is not an option... I am not looking for a sidejob but a way to keep from ending up homeless...

Now with the COVID-19 Vaccines becoming available we will turn the tide soon (I hope).
world dead: 1,635,600 USA dead: 309,280
This is a once in 100 year event. One of my grandfathers lost his farm during the Great Depression. We will all have a story to tell. As long as you have your health you are still in the game.
WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────

Same position as you back in summer-20
Lost job as Covid-19 happened
Not expert at anything
But I don't understand to quit
If your quit nothing happens (then why start?)
So I Google "affiliate marketing forum"
Found the Affiliate Fix

I am not some PR loudspeaker for forum
But best thing about Affiliate Fix is many smart people together, normally somebody can help you solve problem
Worst thing about Affiliate Fix is rumours, so I advise you go direct to the source when 2 people disagree, disinformation waste your time (listen to all opinions, research data & decide what is fact or not), everybody have different experience, yours will be different too

Recommend you start journey thread
It will help your clarity, and make your self accountable
You can read my notes here --> affiliatefix.com/threads/does-affiliate-marketing-work-in-2020-target-4-000-month.165477/
There was another guy doing it @shaunm he is on break, you should check his journey thread (better than mine !!) --> affiliatefix.com/threads/journey-growing-an-informational-intent-site-to-10-000-a-month-from-scratch.163751/

My last advise is like your title
Just don't quit
Ignore negative
Just think like champion
& focus to win your battles

focus to win your battles
Thanks Euron,
Yup was reading about you in yet another journey thread on which you commented...
I will definitely go through all the suggested threads!
This should prove helpful as some questions I will have probably have already been asked...
I learn a lot from my mistakes but being able to avoid major ones listening to advice is also a great asset!
Should I decide to start my own journey thread I will need to think about how to properly define it... But more importantly I will only do so if I feel I can commit myself to following it up on a regular base for at least a few months...

Last edited:
@GriD , good that you made it here. Welcome , very nice to read you words of GRIT :) . Wishing you that it gets converted to action.

Best wishes.
Thanks a lot !
Wishing will not get me anywhere so yes it's being converted right now...

Offer selected, Landing Page built, affiliate links are inserted (although I'm not sure what type of redirect I should use but I suppose this can be updated later if required)... As a tracker I want to give Clickervolt a go (although I appreciate its future is uncertain but for now I want to reserve as much budget as I can to other resources, feel free to slap me on the wrist is this is a bad move)

I'm happy to have bumped into this place, there is lots of knowledge and experience being shared... The more I read here the more questions I start asking myself... (and for me that's never a good thing) If I can't find clear answers these questions will end up somewhere on the forum for sure...

Last edited:
Have you had a look at a tracker called Kintura, it has a free plan which gives 1 million impressions a month. That should be enough to keep you busy for a while :)
Nope... I guess that just shows how much of a newbie I am ;)
Thanks for the hint... As I have Clickervolt already up and running I'll look into other trackers once I get the ball rolling as switching right now feels like delaying...

Nobody likes reading user manuals, they are not fun
But answers most questions you have
When I have branded product question --> email support + raise ticket + post in forum + contact on social media (all same time) then normally gets answer in 24 hours

Nobody likes reading user manuals, they are not fun
But answers most questions you have
This is absolutely correct... I do spend quite some time researching answers to the questions that I have and this often ends up in different ways...
1/ Searching for the answer raises more questions...
2/ The answer is found (and is sometimes so obvious I wonder why I asked myself the question in the first place)
3/ I'm not getting any wiser, this is the moment to reach out for help...

When I talked with @JackySan he indicated a 2GB RAM (bare unmanaged?) VPS was needed to host Clickervolt.
--(in addition to webserver hosting requirements [I think --depending on ad traffic volume?])
Thought I would pass that along ...
Thanks @Graybeard, this info is conflicting with what I read on their website:
Note that ClickerVolt is extremely light on resources – it can run on shared hosting without any issue if you do not plan to send more than a few thousand visitors to your campaigns every day.
Currently on shared, upgrading to a VPS would seem logical once I get more traffic anyway...

Darn where have I been the past month? Time flies pas way too fast when life starts messing with us....
Anyways, I'm back (might still be inconsistent because of personal matters) and I did manage to read a whole series of threads on the forum...
You can try it but shared hosting is pretty useless for CPA at any volume.
@Graybeard thanks for your feedback, you're right, a VPS it will be, don't want to run into server issues halfway a test campaign or worse, when scaling a working campaign as being forced to upgrade/migrate might kill the campaign...

I suppose this thread is not ideal to discuss any of the questions I have today.
Prior to starting follow along journey I'll start a few new threads in the Newbie helpdesk Section as I'm looking for a series of recommendations regarding the different tools, verticals, traffic sources, etc...

I don't see how failure will happen with your mindset
  1. Target --> Know where you are going
  2. Plan --> Know how you getting there
  3. Discipline --> Stick to the plan (even when it fails)

Perfect illustration of don't quit mentality
I think if you won't go all the way then don't start
Exactly @Honeybadger !!! And I hope not te be part of the largest number in newbie statistics...
I intend to start using paid traffic.... I do have a budget allocated for this...
Should I run out of this budget without being able to find a method that works for me I there is a plan B ;)
Namely: "Trade the pickaxe for a spoon and keep digging using free traffic..."
You know a spoon and patience are ultimate tools when digging on that path to freedom.. (cfr Frank Morris and the Anglin Brothers)

MI
Back