The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

[ Newbie ] Question - About Testing Campaigns in Lead Impact

highstrid3r

affiliate
Hello AffiliateFix!

I just want to know how to properly test campaigns in Lead Impact.

For example, if I gather 1000 URLs should I run it for like 1 day with budget of 50$ and then see which urls are receiving impressions?

Step 1 - Example (finding URL with good impressions count)

URL A - 23 impressions
URL B - 1 impression
URL C - 133 impressions
URL D - 921 impressions
URL E - 1 impression
URL F - 1 impression

So basically, if this was the case I will remove URLs B, C, and F because of the low impressions.

Step 2 - Example (finding URL with good click counts)

URL A - 23 impressions - 5 clicks
URL C - 133 impressions - 1 click
URL D - 921 impressions - 1 click

So basically, from this data I will just eliminate URL C and D even though they have high impressions count because they don't get clicks.

My MAIN QUESTION:

Am I thinking it right? I mean is this the way I should think when testing campaigns?

Looking forward to any response coming from any member of this AWESOME forum!

Best Regards,
Mesina

you also need to test different landing pages. if you are getting less clicks, it can also mean that the problem is with the landing page and not necessarily that the url is not targeted. :)

Don't forget to check which target is eating you budget. If that target is not converting, maybe you should pause it and let the other targets running to find the winners.

If your budget is eaten up early, then you should start removing URLs. Do not remove the ones with the most impressions, but the ones with the lowest click-through or (if you have that data) with the lowest conversion rate.

instead of running with hundreds of target domains to begin with, think about starting with just a few dozen and run them through Alexa first to make sure they are "high" traffic domains with a ranking of at least 100K. that way you'll be able to eliminate tons of targets off the bat and you'll see results much quicker. cull the bad domains from testing, then add in some more and test further.

banners
Back