The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Need Help! new to affiliate marketing

Danielle Hughey

affiliate
I signed up for a campaign about car insurance quotes. it said that all I needed for a conversion was a zip submit, but I don't think its working. And I'm not able to try it myself because that would be considered fraudulent traffic. I have had several clicks since I posted it. I also am running a 2nd campaign but neither have been considered a conversion. any ideas?

I signed up for a campaign about car insurance quotes. it said that all I needed for a conversion was a zip submit, but I don't think its working.

And I'm not able to try it myself because that would be considered fraudulent traffic.

I have had several clicks since I posted it. I also am running a 2nd campaign but neither have been considered a conversion. any ideas?

So, I am guessing you are direct linking and not using a landing page. One of the first (of many) split tests that you should be doing is creating a campaign designed to split test direct linking and landing pages. It's a good idea to create at least 3, and preferably 5, versions of your ads and your banners. Then do the same to split test direct linking and landing pages. The purpose of split testing is to determine whether you have viable funnel aspects in place to convert the offer.

Your tracker is going to play a very important role, it can be set up to rotate your various campaign versions. You can also add a script to rotate banners and you can schedule any text ads to do the same. This way, with these elements in place, your tracker can tell you what is working and what is not. It will also tell you where the bots are in the traffic (if any).

Another thing to consider is the traffic source. There are primarily tier one, two, and tier three traffic sources. Split testing traffic sources is as important as all other split tests. Consider running your split tests on at least two traffic sources.

MI
Back