The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

need help getting started pls

MsSkeptical

hi ok so im dumb af when it comes to technical stuff. i tried my hand at affiliate marketing fairly recently and i'm sucking at it big time. i need help im wasting money at ads lmao idk ahhh

Okay, composure. Sorry for that mini-rant. Heres the rational perspective of my problem:

I've read about affiliate marketing, went through various sources, and am on the process of getting signed up on programs but I'm a little stuck. I've started a blog and it's looking fine af (i designed it myself) but the buttons are not working sdkjskdjskdjs. The home button, the about us button, and all the other functional stuff are not working. Also, i'm generating a bit of traffic with the ads and the SEO side of things with the blog, but i'm getting 0 conversions dkasldkalsadkla. Can someone point me to who I actually need to fix my problems? I've did a little googling and it says I need a web developer, a webpage creator, or a back-end developer.

Which one do I really need? Where can i find them? How much do I need to shell out? Ive already spent around $700 because of ads, I really need to jump back into the game. would appreciate if anyone could shed some light. TIA!

Hello and welcome!

Sorry to hear you're having problems. I'm not a techy either but a few questions came to mind as I read your post, thought I'd ask. Might help others here to offer suggestion, we do have some who are very tech-savvy.

i'm sucking at it big time. i need help im wasting money at ads
Not sucking, learning. If you didn't have a problem, you wouldn't learn how to fix it. Everyone in this business learns by taking action and learning from the challenges that come up along the way. That's all, frustrating as it is.

Re wasting ad budget, if you are directing them to your blog and your blog's CTA buttons aren't working, stop the ad campaigns until things are fixed, if you haven't already. Also, if your functionality is behaving badly (or not at all), that does not instill trust with your visitors, so they may not click your ads. I expect you know all that.

sdkjskdjskdjs.
dkasldkalsadkla.
Is that code for swear words? :D

i'm getting 0 conversions
If your links aren't working, or visitors don't trust your site enough to click on things, you won't get any conversions. Again, I think you've figured that out, I'm being Captain Obvious here, I guess.

What platform is your blog on? Is it WordPress?

By 'not working' does that mean nothing happens when you click them?

Like I said we have some very tech smart members who may be able to offer advice if they have enough info.

WELCOME ABOARD ...
thumbsup.png

━━━●──────────────
well is there a link code were you want --
A. open in a browser and view source
B. ^F (CTRL+F) type keyword for button of link text
look
HTML:
<a href="some URL">link text</a>
^^^^this is a link that works format

hi ok so im dumb af when it comes to technical stuff. i tried my hand at affiliate marketing fairly recently and i'm sucking at it big time. i need help im wasting money at ads lmao idk ahhh

Okay, composure. Sorry for that mini-rant. Heres the rational perspective of my problem:

I've read about affiliate marketing, went through various sources, and am on the process of getting signed up on programs but I'm a little stuck. I've started a blog and it's looking fine af (i designed it myself) but the buttons are not working sdkjskdjskdjs. The home button, the about us button, and all the other functional stuff are not working. Also, i'm generating a bit of traffic with the ads and the SEO side of things with the blog, but i'm getting 0 conversions dkasldkalsadkla. Can someone point me to who I actually need to fix my problems? I've did a little googling and it says I need a web developer, a webpage creator, or a back-end developer.

Which one do I really need? Where can i find them? How much do I need to shell out? Ive already spent around $700 because of ads, I really need to jump back into the game. would appreciate if anyone could shed some light. TIA!

I'm not saying I'm struggling on my first affiliate marketing journey, but yesterday I made a 2 cent commission and I was over the moon. :D

Most people will struggle at first regardless of their technical skills (I'm a very technical person,) so just hang in there. :) I'm a web developer / website support guy, so if you still need help, don't hesitate to send me a message.

yesterday I made a 2 cent commission and I was over the moon.
Like most things in life, the first is always the best. :) At least until the next one. :D

I think the first conversion is so exciting because it shows you did it, you really did it, it works and opens your mind to the possibilities.

Okay you need to calm down first... big mistake though, why did you already push ads to a non-functioning website? That probably explains your 0 conversions. I recommend this video by Neil Patel a fellow member recommended so that you can actually understand what you're doing (really important so you don't make investment mistakes again).

Sadly, we need to go through the technical stuff to dissect your problem. Where did you create your site? Can you send us your website URL to have a look?

No worries, starting out is always so hard–lot's of work to be done. But once you get everything settled down, it'll just be a matter of repeating the process with different programs :D

Overlooked this last bit. I mean we can't really say for sure what you need–but from the sounds of it, I'm guessing it'll be basic web-dev stuff to get things started. If you want to hire the cheapest devs out there, try reading up on this start-up guide I came across on LinkedIn. It basically highlights different ways you can get beginner/entry-level webdevs to work for you. Keep us posted on our inquiries!

What platform is your blog on? Is it WordPress?

By 'not working' does that mean nothing happens when you click them?
It is on Wordpress and by not working when you hover over home/about us/shop and etc there is no hyperlink to the other page. I may have something to do with this when I messed around with the store and stuff but idk this stuff hurts my head.
Not sucking, learning. If you didn't have a problem, you wouldn't learn how to fix it. Everyone in this business learns by taking action and learning from the challenges that come up along the way. That's all, frustrating as it is.

Re wasting ad budget, if you are directing them to your blog and your blog's CTA buttons aren't working, stop the ad campaigns until things are fixed, if you haven't already. Also, if your functionality is behaving badly (or not at all), that does not instill trust with your visitors, so they may not click your ads. I expect you know all that.
Appreciate the kind words, and yup I've stopped the campaign (at least I know how to do that).

but yesterday I made a 2 cent commission and I was over the moon.
Congrats! That makes one of us a 'successful' affiliate marketer.
I recommend this video by Neil Patel a fellow member recommended so that you can actually understand what you're doing (really important so you don't make investment mistakes again).
I don't really need the basics of affiliate marketing, I think I've got that covered. This is more of a website technical thingie.
Sadly, we need to go through the technical stuff to dissect your problem. Where did you create your site? Can you send us your website URL to have a look?
My insecure ass won't link out a ratchety website that I "proudly" made :D my pride can only take so much.
If you want to hire the cheapest devs out there, try reading up on this start-up guide I came across on LinkedIn. It basically highlights different ways you can get beginner/entry-level webdevs to work for you.
I think this is the best option, I'll probably hire someone to do this for me because my peabrain can only handle color-grading, videography and the like, this stuff is way too technical for me.

Thank you everyone for all your inquiries, I really appreciate it!

It is on Wordpress and by not working when you hover over home/about us/shop and etc there is no hyperlink to the other page. I may have something to do with this when I messed around with the store and stuff but idk this stuff hurts my head.
Hello @MsSkeptical
This already sounds like you are overcomplicating...
If you just need a blog, there should not even be a 'shop' in the menu...
Meaning you have installed too many plugins...

I get your point, the setup WordPress blog is not your thing I agree with the suggestion of having this done for you.
Scanning through the blog page dudeimlost sent you I would just concentrate on the first section, the freelancing platform...

I have never hired a freelancer for this kind of task so I can't really give you any advice on who to work with...
I can only say I have hired graphic designers on fiverr and have had a few mixed results until I found my go-to guy...
I can't speak for other platforms as I've never used them...

You should have this sorted soon!

If you require any info to help you select a freelancer I guess...
Ask us here on the forum, I'm not a blogger, not the best at WordPress as I hand-code my landing pages, I'm sure someone can guide you for some good-to-have skills...

hey guys! quick update. everything is going smoothly now thanks to the web developer i've hired. i realized that maybe i'm more of a overseeing person than getting my hands dirty person. hhhahhahsshdsd. anyway i appreciate all your help when i was starting to solve this on my own. i owe you a loooooot HAHAHAHAHH

MI
Back