The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

My Recent TeeSpring Failures - Help!?

Following! I am interested how will it go.
Just started with teespring so it's good to see someone else's experience

Something that can be hard to remember sometimes, is that the product and design should be what the potential customers would like, not us. If this slogan and design is meaningful to gamers then it doesn't matter if non-gamers don't like it.

By the way, TJ, how are things going with this campaign?

I love you azgold, you are always so positive. LOVE IT!

I'll keep you posted on this and others. I have paused the campaigns as I am currently restructuring my targeting. Targeting is the real challenge, as always. Most always, this is where I find my biggest challenges. Finding a way to get my ads in front of the right folks. I excel at many attributes of our efforts in this industry, but laser targeting seems to be my biggest challenge. I'll figure it out and share with all of you when I do!

T J

Following! I am interested how will it go.
Just started with teespring so it's good to see someone else's experience

I'll be adding more over the weekend and I'll share everything I have to date. Keep pushing forward kapees, we'll all find our way with TeeSpring.

I think I am gonna go crazy with it. Is it true that after spending some amount of money on FB ads and don't stopping it, cost per click is getting lover a bit? Or it's just getting lower because you know which ad works and which not so you can stop those who are not working well?

TJ,

Saw this browsing and figured it may help with brainstorming design. I definitely would focus on a specific phrase or catchy bit of words and run with it. Just a tip! Good luck, brother.

wow-willis-tshirts.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
TJ,

Saw this browsing and figured it may help with brainstorming design. I definitely would focus on a specific phrase or catchy bit of words and run with it. Just a tip! Good luck, brother.

Thanks J,

I've had three more failures. It's all related to targeting and concept. I seem to get a load of likes and shares, but no sales. I am going to upload my last few campaigns soon for all to see.

Thanks J,

I've had three more failures. It's all related to targeting and concept. I seem to get a load of likes and shares, but no sales. I am going to upload my last few campaigns soon for all to see.

TJ,

Where are you at with this? How did those last few campaigns do for you?

Yes, I'm curious, also. You've put a ton of work into these campaigns, TJ. I really hope they did well for you!

TJ,

Where are you at with this? How did those last few campaigns do for you?

Yes, I'm curious, also. You've put a ton of work into these campaigns, TJ. I really hope they did well for you!

This has not been a profitable run for me. I've compared my designs with many others and while there are many that are better, there are at least as many that are far worse than mine that have succeeded where I have failed. It comes down to targeting I think. For some reason I get hundreds of likes and no sales. I have studied the targeting at length. I have a new set of designs and campaigns coming out this weekend. I'll return with reports on those this week.

I have discussed these campaigns with a few successful shirt marketers, They have told me in each of their businesses that they are testing 10 to 20 campaigns a day with 1 in 10 as an average for success. This tells me there is still a lot to learn about FB targeting by even those that are in the know. All three of the marketers I have discussed this with have told me they also have a design team that turns out 40 or 50 ideas a day. This tells me that the market is being driven by those that can afford to step up the game to a level far beyond those of us that can only generate a few new campaigns a week. It's a numbers game for most. I can't put all of my effort and money into this one market at this time. I have a couple of other areas of my business that I earn from and I have to give them priority when it comes to my time and money.

Never give up. I am obsessive about some things. I am going to keep driving this bus until I get it right. I'll bring you my most recent results over the coming week.

With that never-give-up attitude, you cannot help but succeed, TJ. I imagine that you get a little closer with each campaign you run and learn from.

We'll have to throw an AFix party to celebrate your first big winning campaign! :)

This has not been a profitable run for me. I've compared my designs with many others and while there are many that are better, there are at least as many that are far worse than mine that have succeeded where I have failed. It comes down to targeting I think. For some reason I get hundreds of likes and no sales. I have studied the targeting at length. I have a new set of designs and campaigns coming out this weekend. I'll return with reports on those this week.

I have discussed these campaigns with a few successful shirt marketers, They have told me in each of their businesses that they are testing 10 to 20 campaigns a day with 1 in 10 as an average for success. This tells me there is still a lot to learn about FB targeting by even those that are in the know. All three of the marketers I have discussed this with have told me they also have a design team that turns out 40 or 50 ideas a day. This tells me that the market is being driven by those that can afford to step up the game to a level far beyond those of us that can only generate a few new campaigns a week. It's a numbers game for most. I can't put all of my effort and money into this one market at this time. I have a couple of other areas of my business that I earn from and I have to give them priority when it comes to my time and money.

Never give up. I am obsessive about some things. I am going to keep driving this bus until I get it right. I'll bring you my most recent results over the coming week.

Keep your head up, man! Continue to learn and improve your campaigns. I am sure you are going to get it.

You let FB RIP you of. Paying 0,40-0,90 for click is simple crazy :) Otherwise you won't get probably profitable even you will make sales. Try to get higher CTR and optimize for clicks and use max bid like 0,25 and less.

It's all about testing what works and what DOESN'T work. When I test a new PPC campaign, I spend a good few hundred GBP on traffic just to see what the waters are like. Out of 10 projects I start 1-2 have a long term profitability and are worth pursuing further. The rest make a small loss or break even. But it's the few profitable ones which are winners that make it still worthwhile and more than compensate you for the duds.

I would say maybe the product just isn't appealing to people, hence they have no desire to buy them. It is a T-Shirt afterall ... and T-Shirts with funny slogans really are a dime a dozen nowadays.

Nick

It's all about testing what works and what DOESN'T work.

I've got enough years and successes behind me to know this. It wasn't designs, or ad investment, it was targeting. FB was in the midst of fighting back the T-Shirt marketers as well as adjusting their targeting algorithms when I started these campaigns.They didn't announce the algorithm changes to us for a couple of months after they began implementing them.

I would say maybe the product just isn't appealing to people, hence they have no desire to buy them. It is a T-Shirt afterall ... and T-Shirts with funny slogans really are a dime a dozen nowadays.

Again, thanks for the input, but it wasn't design, it was targeting. When I moved the campaigns to other countries and alternative traffic sources, I got a positive ROI. I got in the T-Shirt game simply to add a new marketing platform to ratchet up a few extra bucks to offset a marketing budget that got decimated the first of the year as the result of some external forces. I've since moved on from the "T" thing. It simply doesn't offer the potential of media buys, which is my first love. I had to rebuild the coffers to get back into that game at the level I like to play.

Thanks for the input all, but I have put the "T" biz behind me at the moment. I've got Amazon Kindle Publishing and Media Buys at the forefront of my efforts because they really are limitless compared to the "T" Biz.

I haven't been an active in the affiliate marketing for a couple of years now, as other projects and real life work pulled me away after a +/-0 effort into 7search and CPA offers. Been monitoring the forums as of late just to check out the latest (it's always inspirational to read these forums) and came across this thread. Apparently Teespring is the new moneymaker ;).

I won't comment on the OPs shirts, but I figured I'd throw out a free tip on a potential, although time limited, niche for you guys (I would give it a go myself if I had any money in my FB account and was more familiar with Teespring).

Check out "Save Market Basket".. I haven't read much about it, but realized there's potential to make some money off of these guys. Those of you in the US might be better informed about what's going on, but I'm thinking a clever design with "Save Market Basket" directly focused on the UIDs who like this facebook page ("only" about 85000 likes):

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Save-Market-Basket/136649323208808

Ought to net a few sales?

If anyone tries this, I'm very curious to hear about the results. Causes like this should be a pretty easy niche to sell t-shirts to.

Last edited:
banners
Back