The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

My first campaign ever

Zura

affiliate
Hey friends!

I have just created my first campaign in my life and I would like to share my learning path/experience curve here with you. Any comments, ideas and especially critics are warmly welcomed :)

Offer: iPhone 11 sweepstake offer with SMS Billing, flow with click2sms
Payout: 0.23$ (I am concerned with rate, it is so low. Yet since it is my first campaign I am taking it is a just test - and maybe this low campaigns can create high volume conversions)

Target settings
Countries: Targeted only some T2 countries (Burkina Faso, Bangladesh, China, Morocco, Pakistan, Zambia)
Users: Mobile users, Android and only 3G network

Ad type & Lander
I created only one simple lander page something like quiz. Added only 2 easy questions such as how old are you, have you ever used apple product etc as for pre-qualify.
Runned on propellerads with popunder type. Pricing type selected cpa goal 2.0 with 10$ daily budget. I am planning to run approximately 3 days for data collecting, later then I will try to optimize my campaign accordingly.

This is my first baby steps in affiliate/CPA marketing. I will update this post after I collected some data. Your all comments, critics and guidance is kindly requested :)

Good luck and its very good you take action ,you dont have ideea how far you got .Some people read a lot everyday but they take no action even if its free traffic .I dont have much experience with paid traffic but in my opinion the offer you choose pay to low ,i think an offer who wil pay at least 1$ will be a wiser decision

Thank you very much @thelegend. I am also thinking switching to higher payout offer but let this one run 1-2 more days to see its results and fetch some data :)

However I am confused about some points in financial topics;
I noticed a significant discrepancy (propeller ads views 43k and tracker of mobidea says 27k visits). How can I check if I lost this amount traffic lost or not in real? You know I am paying for 43k visit, but if only 27k visited in real I am wasting money :)

Last edited:
First of all, congratulations on your first campaigns. Looking forward to seeing your numbers.

propeller ads views 43k and tracker of mobidea says 27k visits
Propeller ads would show you how much traffic they've sent to your landing page and mobidea would show you how much traffic went past through the landing page and reached the offer page. By your numbers, it looks like 60%+ CTR and that's very good for starters.

Have you not set up your tracker properly though? You should be able to see total views as well as clicks on lander in your tracker itself.

Offer: iPhone 11 sweepstake offer with SMS Billing, flow with click2sms
Payout: 0.23$ (I am concerned with rate, it is so low. Yet since it is my first campaign I am taking it is a just test - and maybe this low campaigns can create high volume conversions)
That's indeed a really low rate.
At CPAHub we have a few click 2 call offers for Eastern European countries. The payouts are pretty high $1.50 and the traffic there is pretty cheap. Maybe you would be interested in those? :)

Hi @Aditya007, I should add some screenshots because I am not sure especially for tracker part :)

First snapshot is from propeller ads. This 47k is the visitors of my landing page.

Second snapshot from tracker; I thought that this 29k "visits" are landing page visitors and 1,2k clicks are the ones who continues to offer page. Is this understanding correct? If I understand it correctly, I lost ~17-18k visitor

upload_2020-4-29_12-42-46.png
upload_2020-4-29_12-51-32.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-4-29_12-43-33.png
    upload_2020-4-29_12-43-33.png
    7.5 KB · Views: 9
Is this understanding correct?
That is correct.

If I understand it correctly, I lost ~17-18k visitor
Well yes, the tracker seems to be configured properly and you've lost these users. I'm guessing, this is mobile popup traffic? You're bound to lose some users on popup campaigns tbh but 35% is too much in my opinion. It could be due to your tracker, slow redirects or slow page load time. A lot of factors can come into the play.

Also, your LP CTR is less than 4.2% which is too low. You have to tweak your landing page a bit and maybe try split testing with more than 1 landing page.

Hi @aditya, thank you very much for your comments.

I was using popunder ads. By the way I have asked this difference to propellerads as well; they told me that visits of tracker is not the same as impressions. Impressions is the quantity of times when ad code was fully uploaded they say. And they told that there may some difference due to timezone differences between their systems and my tracker.

As for LP CTR, currently it is around ~4%. I will also check it. Since I am not so good in such it topics I prepared something simple from templates :)

Dear all, I would like to give some status update :) And sorry for my long post, but I wanted to disclose everything and ask your opinion for my questions :confused:

3rd day is about to end now. For first 2 days; I got 62k impression in total and only 7 conversions (LP CTR: %4,3)
So yesterday, I made some small adjustments on LP (grammer correction and photo size adjustment) and increased bid for the Pakistan to get more traffic (I got most conversions from there, 5 of 7 :p )... With today's data latest results are; 113k impression, 10 conversion, LP CTR %4,03.

I am planning to drop this offer and move to another one. Current offer is a CPA offer with sms billing flow and its payout is so low (0,24$). Therefore I am planning to select an offer min 1$ payout with CPL flow (sign-up or e-mail submit). I guess it would be much easier to get conversions...

By the way I have some questions about propellerads if you have some experience in there.
When I wanted to increase bid for Pakistan yesterday I am confused a little bit;

At first, I used CPA Goal 2.0 method; in this method system calculates my CPM rate according to conversion price of my offer right? Always my cpm costs below my conversion price (0,24$). Since auto cpm rate was low and I got only 10 conversions, I guess I got only low quality traffic, right? :)

Then I thought I should manually increase my bid or use smartCPM option, so checked traffic & bid history in traffic chart. For Pakistan's yesterdays traffic data; campaign recommended me 3$ CPM rate. On the other hand in their "traffic chart" page they say optimal bid rate for Pakistan 0,46$. What is the main difference optimal and recommended bid and which one should be my main aim? By the way I have changed my bid as 1$ with smartCPM but costs actualized around 0,56$. I guess people don't bid high for this geo, so my smartCPM actualized around optimal bid rate instead my 1$ bid. But why propeller ads recommends 3$ in this case i didn't understand it :(

Thank you very much for your support @Aditya007. By the way I have just launched my second campaign;

Offer: Media markt voucher (one is 25€, other one is 750€). Flow is sign-up form submit, I thought it would be easier to get conversion with only form submit. Payout is 2.52$, even I get negative ROI damage would be less compared to my previous payout (0,24$) :)

Target: Offer is relased for only Germany. So I have no choice except Germany. Therefore, landing page is also launched in German. Showing ads in their native language can be more effective (at least I hope so :) )

Ad Type: This time launched 2 different types (popunder and push notifications) As for biddings;
-Push notifications: max cpm bid was 0,9$ and recommended bid was 0,3$. I didn't want to go max for now and bidded 0,4$ now.
-Popunder: Both max bid and recommended cpm bid was 5,1$. However I can't afford it for now, so I went so low (~2$). I don't think that I can get high quality traffic but I will continue with this bid for 1-2 days.

After collected some data and observe campaigns, I can consider increasing biddings. I will let this run 2-3 days and update you when I see some results :)

Hi everyone!

Unfortunately my second campaign failed as well :) Getting conversions from Germany was more difficult than Pakistan. In my Pakistan - iPhone sweepstakes campaign at least I got some conversion, but in Germany I got only 2 conversion in total :eek:

For my Germany campaign, I had created 2 different ad campaign (pupunder and push notification). In total I got 101k impression;
-62k from push notification / only 128 click / LP CTR 0,78 and 1 conversion
-39k from popunder / LP CTR and 1 conversion

I couldn't see the main reason of my fail. I bidded slightly above optimal bid rate, maybe my LP or push ad creatives wasn't so good. You can see them below, all critics are welcomed. You can be harsh as much as you want, I need to see my faults and become more careful for my next campaigns ;)

By the way my ytd ads cost reached to 200$ now which is 25% of my monthly income. Therefore I need to pause now until new payday comes :) Until then I will try to read more, get some insights about this new e-marketing business.

My landing pages
Survey Center
Survey Center

Push notification creative
upload_2020-5-6_9-39-52.png

I noticed a significant discrepancy (propeller ads views 43k and tracker of mobidea says 27k visits). How can I check if I lost this amount traffic lost or not in real? You know I am paying for 43k visit, but if only 27k visited in real I am wasting money :)
Why aren't you using a third-party tracker? Seems to me you're giving away way too much info to Mobidea.

Why aren't you using a third-party tracker? Seems to me you're giving away way too much info to Mobidea.
Hi Karolina, since I am from a developing country our currency is sooo low compared to usd. Therefore I am not able to afford a 3rd party tracker (that's why I am in Mobidea for now - due to their inbuild tracker). My monthly ad budget is even around 200 usd :confused::)

Hi Karolina, since I am from a developing country our currency is sooo low compared to usd. Therefore I am not able to afford a 3rd party tracker (that's why I am in Mobidea for now - due to their inbuild tracker). My monthly ad budget is even around 200 usd :confused::)
Ok, I do understand. There are free and very cheap plan options in many affiliate trackers though, I would look into it if I were you - it's an essential tool for any affiliate.
If you want to know specifics, PM me. And feel free to join my Facebook group for tracking and optimization info or jump into Tracking subforum here on affiliatefix.

Congrats on taking action, @Zura !

I agree with Graybeard, never use an .xyz domain! It's a known spammer domain.

As Karolina Voluum said, there are free, BETA and free trial trackers that you can take advantage of. We have some in our Resources section and Karolina has offered you some info, as well. Please use one so you can gather your data to analyze for optimizing your campaigns. You won't be sorry, you really should have one.

Use bemob tracker - they have free plan! Also try other offers from different networks. Not sure mobidea is best choice for sweep offers.

banners
Back