The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Gold My CPA Journey - trying to reach $100/day profit

internalsoul

I already have a mobile journal at affiliatefix. Though i am doing mobile journal at another thread, i would try to keep this journal only for web CPA offers and campaigns.

CPA Networks:-
MundoMedia
Maxbounty
Peerfly

What i have doing so far. Well, i have checked many offers and did save some good offers for my starting campaigns which i think will do well. Next, i picked one traffic source and did a manual survey of what others are running and how they are doing it(I wont copy them).

Campaign 1:-
1 offer - SOI
Payout - $0.56

So to get started, I created 10 landing page (different angles and images). created the campaign yesterday, and got it approved within a hour.

Campaign 2:-
1 offer - SOI (Multiple offer page provided by the advertiser)
Payout - $2.25
Yet to start

I am going for a cpm bidding so i wont be able to tracking my ROI and CPC.

Campaign 1 Stats so far:-
Yesterday
IzN10sq.png

Cost:- $16.515
Total Conversion:- 19
Total Income:- $10.64
Total ROI : -$5.875

Today So far(Did tried to optimize it a bit. Blocked low performing LP)
KV6WsaF.png

Cost:-$18.113
Total Conversion:- 40
Total Income:- $22.40
Total ROI : $4.287

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: Since Everybody asked me about the niche and offers I ran in this journal, so thought of making a case-study on my blog. The link to the case-study is given below with download materials.

My Second Attempt on CPA Where I Made $17,106 – A Dating Case-Study

Dating-Case-Study-FeaturedImage-1.jpg

Last edited:
You have to make sure its statistically significant before you start cutting anything. Also the ctr is high but conversion is low, you also need to use scripts to call out the viewers to drive the conversion up or split offers ( maybe the offer is pretty saturated). Anyway good luck

Also seems like your not tracking cost right. Either your parameter is wrong or it's your traffic source ( if that is the case, i already know what your traffic source is hehe)

And what type of traffic do you run? PPC, PPV,...?
CPM banner advertisement.

@sleenirvana yeah doing it slowly and gathering all the data to get the average CTR, CR. Blocking one element isn't that easy as i thought it would be. Have to consider so many variables from banner CTR and CR to LP CTR and CR. But its a very good learning experience for me. Atleast i am able to to take the campaign from -ROI to +ROI as day 2 ended on +ROI. I am using 2 javascripts to show location of the visitor and timer to grab the attention but kept it very simple, nothing too fancy. May be that's the reason CTR is high but have to split the offer with another network. Thanks for the tip. Will work on to increase the CR.

No parameters are fine, nothing wrong that. Cant track the cost as its CPM advertising. So have to do it manually.

Campaign 1 Stats so far:-
ZzrtgpV.png

Cost:-$17.206
Total Conversion:- 46
Total Income:- $29.14
Total ROI : $11.934

So after tuning a little bit, the campaign went to a good ROI.

Campaign 2 is yet to get approved. Hopefully it will get approve tomorrow. I have high expectation for that campaign.

In the mean time, i will study the data and will try to optimize my campaign 1 for better ROI.

Last edited:
So i have gathered enough data now to eliminate low performing LP and Banner. I just kept the banners and LP with average CTR of 40-50% and good CR ratio. Its a very exciting journey so far. I have learned so much, specially with CPM advertisement. Glad that after tuning the campaign 1, The ROI has increased to almost 100%(Still not there).

Campaign 1 Stats:-
FUqjcLl.png

Cost: $21.851
Total Conversion: 75
Total Income: $42
Total ROI : $20.149

Campaign 2 Stats:-
So the campaign finally started and stats so far.
tM98gwc.png

Cost: $9.905
Total Conversion: 12
Total Income: $27
Total ROI : $17.095

This campaign is already working great. Without optimization, this campaign is having more than 100% plus positive ROI. Still need more data, to optimize this campaign and then i will drive more volume.

I have paused one campaign from campaign 1 which was having low ROI. Will resume it once my banners and landers are approved. I have worked a lot to create multiple variation of landing pages and banners with little twist and design modification, to check if the conversion ratio can be improved more. I am planning to spend $100 for campaign 1, so still waiting for new campaigns and banners to be approved on my traffic source. So waiting with my fingers crossed.

Today So far
cJz6eSB.png

Cost: $23.02
Total Conversion: 77
Total Income: $43.12
Total ROI : $20.1

Today So far
rQJfSXG.png

Cost: $2.818
Total Conversion: 3
Total Income: $6.75
Total ROI : $3.932

Competitors outbid me so I have received very less traffic.

Plan of Action to scale it up:-
Campaign 1:-
New banners and landers created. New campaign targeting each country and different ad zone separately created and waiting for approval. Will try to spend atleast $100 and would like to go for volume.

Campaign 2:- This offer also accepts traffic for some European countries and the competition is little low and also the bids, so have got my landing page content and banner content translated from fiverr into respective language for each country. Will create banner, landing page and new campaigns targeting each country and ad zone separately. Once the campaign is optimized, will go for volume.

Your lp has to be as light weight as possible. Make sure all scripts are organized and take out anything that is not necessary. The speed of the lp is the deciding factor between profit and lose.

Ok so finally i have increased my expense limit to $100 and got all my new campaigns approved.

VjslAgT.png

Cost: $88.83957
Total Conversions on my network: 303
Total Conversions showing on Voluum:- 244 (59 conversions isn't recorded on voluum as there was a downtime from my CPA network's side and they added the leads later on without any clickdata value. So i lost some good data :()
Total Income: $169.68
Total ROI : $80.84 (almost there to reach my target:))

dFSUdAp.png

Cost: $6.04
Total Conversion: 4
Total Income: $11
Total ROI : $4.96

I still need time to work on this campaign.Just got approved on clickdealer to split test the offers.

What I have learned so far:-
1. The success of a campaign depends on lot of things. There are so many things that needs to be implemented properly and there are so many data for evaluation to optimize a campaign to max ROI.
2. CPM advertisement is one of the most cost effective advertisement solution over CPC and thats the reason big companies loves to go for CPM advertisement. The cost effectiveness of CPM advertisement depends on lots of factors but primary being the CTR of ad-copy/banner and then banner to LP conversions. Sometimes, you might get higher CTR for some banners/ad-copy but that doesn't mean it will bring you higher conversion rate.
3. Conversions depends on lots of factors. When i first started i was going with direct linking and was struggling to break the campaigns. Eventually i was loosing money. With my own landing pages, i can see better conversions. But as suggested by @sleenirvana landing page speed plays a very vital role in the success of a campaign. I got some help improving my landing page speed from @lrs1995 post and tips from @sleenirvana tips from the post above. So a big thanks to them.
4. I am still a newbie and learning a lot each day. This is probably my 2nd week after taking action on mobile and normal CPA journey. What i have learned is that , one need some motivation to get themself going even if they are loosing money initially. Case studies can be inspiration but not the motivation, many newbie like me get that mixed up while starting out. The real motivation is when you see conversions from your own campaigns.
5. Test , test and test and play with as many variables as you can to see if there is a slightest chance to improve any variables(LP CTR, LP CR, Ad-copy CTR, Ad-Copy CR).

Problems I Have Faced:-
1. I am not registered on too many network so i couldn't split test the offers from different network.
2. For campaign 1 i got the same offer on Maxbounty but it is having some problem with the tracking url. Its landing me to a error page. I tested that with country specific IP and on different browsers. Asked my AM to get it sorted out. After 7 days, she told its working for others and she cant help me and i usually used to get a reply after 36-48 hrs on working days. Maxbounty network is good but my AM is horrible. The worst experience i ever had with any AM. She is not friendly at all. :(
3. Asked my AM for a payout bump for campaign 1 from my current network and got declined as my volume is too low for them. They have given me some targets of 500/leads per day to get a payout bump to $0.60 and 1000/leads per day to get a payout bump to $0.65. My budget is low, so i guess i need to earn more to reach that level. May be i can achieve that in future when i will have enough funds to reach that level. But i must admit that my AM is very friendly and encouraging.

Plan of Action to scale it up:-
1. Optimize and scale up campaign 1 as much as i can.
2. Work harder on campaign 2 and try to do more volume.
3. Work on creating campaigns on European language for campaign 2.

Boom! Time to learn more and scale these! SO proud of you and AffiliateFix for being a platform to create profitable affiliates!

See you inside The Dojo! Also inbox me later!

When u ask for payout increase, you could tell them you showed stats to another network and they are willing to start you off higher. If they dont match it they will risk you sending traffic to another network lol. Negotiating pay bumps are also an art on its own.

When u ask for payout increase, you could tell them you showed stats to another network and they are willing to start you off higher. If they dont match it they will risk you sending traffic to another network lol. Negotiating pay bumps are also an art on its own.
True.
Or you can tell them: my EPC is this while most of my traffic is gong to another network where I'm getting a higher EPC. Something like that.
The paybump won't be that high for a 0.56 campaign though. You need volume.

Thanks all, for the wishes and encouragement. It has been really a great journey so far.
@K , yeah i have plan for DOJO. I will get that next week, once i get the payment. Whatever funds i am having, i am pushing it on my campaigns. I will surely send you a PM later this week. BTW thanks for all the webinars and for this wonderful forum. There are so many things to learn and most importantly , every member is so helping here unlike other forums.

@sleenirvana & @servandosilva Thanks for the suggestion. really appreciate it.

Well, my AM pinged me on skype yesterday and told me that the advertiser of campaign 2 is happy with the traffic quality and have asked me to scale it up and drive volume. As a results, my AM gave me the good news that they had bumped me to $0.60 from $0.56 for the offer of campaign 1. They have increased the payout for another campaign 1 offer but for different country from $0.80 to $0.85. This news made me very happy. So the payout bump has worked out at the end. :)

Will update with stats later.

1 Week has past so quickly i didn't even notice. But here are the stats so far.

October Full Month Stats:-
Total Spending :- $602.229
Total Income:-
MundoMedia:- $856.50
ClickDealer:- $37.00
Maxbounty:- $20.80
Peerfly:- $0
-------------------------
Total = $914.3

Net Profit:- $312.071

fKc8kYf.png

My Highest Ever Income From CPA ever and that too on the 1st month.

Conclusion :- I have been testing out several campaigns, until I found 1 winning campaign. Invested a lot to buy data and optimize the campaign from negative ROI to positive ROI. At the same time, i have tested various angles and various banner landing design variations. So lost some good money with testing but its worth the shot. It helped me learn so much about what i am doing. For me landers getting me the better CR and ROI. Direct linking didn't worked that well but sometimes it can vary from campaign to campaign and niche to niche.
Don't get attached to any angle or banner. Just stick with the one which is bringing more money.
Before selecting an offer and launching a campaign, just put yourself in the shoes of a normal user you are targeting and think what would you do if you were presented such an offer. Offer selection plays a huge role.
Don't bang your head on the wall if your ad copy and landers are stolen(my banner and landers has been stolen and are being used on another traffic source). Its a part of the game :ninja:;).

Lets get going with the month November. Now, i have 2 successful campaign.

November 1st Stats:- till now
Total Spending :- $85.227
Total Income:- $158.20
Net Profit:- $72.973
ROI - 85.62%

I guess, I will be crossing $100+/day net profit mark today only. Still plenty of time left:).

Plan of action for this month:-
1. CPVlab(onetime investment) and VPS server for tracking. (Voluum is good but bit costly plus cant get the data after 6 months.)
2. Cloud Server to host landing pages and images.
3. Dojo Membership.

Last edited:
November 1st full Stats:-
Total Spending :- $125.466
Total number of leads:- 333
Total Income:- $240.60
Net Profit:- $115.134
ROI - 91.77%

----------------------------------------------
November 2nd Stats:- So far
Total Spending :- $30.45
Total number of leads:- 83
Total Income:- $57.05
Net Profit:- $26.6
ROI - 87.36%

Seems like competition is increasing and i have to adjust my bid accordingly every 2-3 hrs.

Last edited:
MI
Back