The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Multiple affiliates/accounts from same IP

servandosilva

Hey everyone.
What's going on? I have a question about having multiple accounts on a network signing from the same IP.

For example, if your best friend or wife wants to go into affiliate marketing and you all work from the same place (could be an office or home), then all computers are login from the same IP.

Do affiliate and traffic networks have problems with that? I don't want to get accounts banned just because they think it's the same person with duplicated accounts. Some things like the VPS or the tracker could be shared, but what about the accounts? Or is it better to just share them although it will make payments and all that more difficult.

Thanks for the advice.

You may need separate accounts for tax reasons etc.

I'd just be 100% honest, contact your AM via email or IM and tell them the situation.

Get them to send you written (email) confirmation that they understand and this won't effect either account.

My answer to anything network related, be honest!

K hit the bullseye! Always be upfront and do as they require. If your businesses are truly separate, then each of you should have your own "dba" and separate business bank accounts. Be sure that the AM('s) have a copy of the documents explaining that your businesses are separate and you should be good to go. I have done this. My girl and I do business from the same locations and we explained it to our AM's and forwarded copies of the documents. Both networks that we are common to have been good with this and we have never had an issue.

Great. Looks like that will do.

I'll talk with them separately in every network. Of course my gf has a different ID with a different address and bank accounts too. But we live together now.

Thanks guys.

Multiple accounts on the same IP address are fine as long as the accounts at least have separate payment accounts.
As others have said, be honest and straight up with your AM's and they will understand. Otherwise they will be skeptical as to why you one would have more than one account coming from the same IP (even though you really don't)!

Multiple accounts on the same IP address are fine as long as the accounts at least have separate payment accounts.
As others have said, be honest and straight up with your AM's and they will understand. Otherwise they will be skeptical as to why you one would have more than one account coming from the same IP (even though you really don't)!
Now you know why I asked bro :)

Thanks for your insights coming directly from an AM.

Depends what you mean by multiple.

If it is two then you are fine. However, three or more you might have a problem. The new information I will add to this thread is this: You can have free IP's. If you have mozilla firefox you can download an addon called anonymoX. This addon has about 7 differnt IPs and i had no trouble using them for affiliate networks

So act now while supply lasts!

banners
Back