The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Multiple Adwords campaigns - do they affect each other?

Bagley

affiliate
I'm pretty new to PPCall, so learning as I go. As I've learnt new techniques, keywords, targetting etc, I've created new campaigns within my Adwords account.

My question is, does the bad performance of my older campaigns affect the new campaigns in the eyes of Adwords?

I'm starting to see the overall performance of my account drop in terms of impressions. I am pausing non-performing keywords as I see they aren't converting or getting clicks, so trying to keep the account as healthy as possible, but I am thinking that some of my newbie decisions in the beginning are having an affect on my overall Adwords account performance.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Yes. Google won't admit it, but many people can agree that there is a sort of account level quality score. If you run bad ads, your overall quality score on the account will drop, which will affect the performance of future campaigns.

If you're just starting out you are going to want to create an MCC and multiple accounts. Run each vertical in their own account, as they can each have different standards in terms of metrics (ctr, cpc, etc.)

You can read more about this on my blog.

Yes. Google won't admit it, but many people can agree that there is a sort of account level quality score. If you run bad ads, your overall quality score on the account will drop, which will affect the performance of future campaigns.

If you're just starting out you are going to want to create an MCC and multiple accounts. Run each vertical in their own account, as they can each have different standards in terms of metrics (ctr, cpc, etc.)

You can read more about this on my blog.

This has been my experience as well. I have test accounts, and I have accounts for campaigns ready to scale.

banners
Back