The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Likelihood of Adwords ban?

StevePNW

affiliate
Hi Everyone, I'm new to PPC. My Bing account got banned within 24 hours of first campaign for a home remodel campaign. As you know the frustrating part is how you will never know why they actually banned it.

This brings me to Adwords... if I stay out of known questionable niches (i.e. travel, tech support, addiction etc) is there still a chance of an account ban? I'm trying to get down to the heart of what they don't actually like, and I'm questioning if they will ban for just doing 3rd party lead gen (i.e. where the end customer doesn't belong to you, and you have to go through Aragon, Astoria, Palo, etc).

Thanks in advance!

If Bing banned your offer on the merits of that offer there seems a good likelihood AdWords would do the same.
If it was you or your tactics that caused the ban --it's possible to fix the problem if, and only if, you know what was the cause of the ban.

Ask the up front on the 3rd party lead generation issue -- search engines are prejudicial toward affiliates IMHO. Better to know up front then "get caught."

Graybeard, Awesomesauce,

Thanks for the guidance! Looks like one way or another things are going to get tougher. The lazy method of call only ads doesn't seem like it will last.

Update to Call-only ads policy (November 2018)

In December, Google will update the Call-only ads policy page with the following changes:

• Service providers will now be required to use their actual business name in call-only ads. Service providers can no longer advertise with a business name that doesn’t represent their specific business or clearly disambiguate from similar businesses. For example, generic or location-based business names like “Mountain View Plumbers” or “Taxi NYC” would be unacceptable in Call only ads for service providers who actually go by a different business name.
  • When answering calls from users who’ve clicked on their call-only ad, advertisers must begin the call by stating their business name, as it appears in their call-only ads.
(Posted November 2018)

I'm guessing regular ads with landing page will have to be the way to go...

If you read between the lines it says: Google AdWords will not accept middle-men ads from sleazy affiliates any longer.
*lets cut right to the chase -- not dwell on Google-speak ...
The corporate policy rolls downhill from the top -- best to know where you stand in the minds of those that profit off you ;)

The new policy definitely doesn't say that...

You can still run call-only ads. You have to use call tracking and place a greeting/recording on the call that says the name of the business you use on the ad.

If you read between the lines it says: Google AdWords will not accept middle-men ads from sleazy affiliates any longer.
*lets cut right to the chase -- not dwell on Google-speak ...
The corporate policy rolls downhill from the top -- best to know where you stand in the minds of those that profit off you ;)

How did you get banned from Bing? Ive ran some of the piss poor sketchy campaigns and never got banned. You must have been doing something extremely blackhat.

That policy was put into place because you used to be able to put whatever you want as a business name for better CTR. It was confusing to the searcher because a very high % of people still believe that if you type in "Delta Airlines" the very first result on the page is actually Delta Airlines.

LOL :)

There is nothing between the lines that says they don't accept middle man ads...

banners
Back