“webinar”/ “VOLUUM”/
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mobile CPI Fraud in 2019.

Discussion in 'Mobile Marketing' started by Deepika Gabani, Jan 24, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Deepika Gabani

Deepika Gabani Affiliate affiliate

It's Time to Get Serious About Affiliate Fraud.

What are the Methods to identify it????

Last edited: Jan 24, 2019
    Brijesh Soni, adda_da and Bhavin Shah like this.
  2. Voluum
  3. awesomesauce

awesomesauce Active Member affiliate

Your question is not clear.

Deepika Gabani likes this.
  4. Ruxandra PopCash

Ruxandra PopCash Traffic Manager Traffic Manager affiliate

What kind of fraud are we talking about exactly? Can you share more details?

5. John aka

John aka Affiliate affiliate

In my opinion most of CPA network just fraud

6. Deepika Gabani

Actually I'm asking fraud in Mobile CPI like, Fake Installs, Postback Fraud, non-human traffic, Botnets proxy ,incorrect use of creatives , incentivized fraud , New Device fraud.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  7. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

That's like a politician's promise to eliminate crime, poverty or war -- laughable in the real world.
    There are always new fraud detection methods -- some SaaS being offered -- you are just not in the loop ;)

Here is the latest entry: Adjust Announces Acquisition of Unbotify - Mobile ID World

8. Deepika Gabani

Thanks Good to know, But its really true. And does detection tools works in reality..

9. voluum

voluum The Dojo Member Service Manager affiliate

@Deepika Gabani I don't know if you've heard about it but Anti-Fraud Kit came out of beta earlier this week and it's been receiving some pretty good feedback in general.
    It helps with detecting bots/fraud/invalid traffic - flags a visit or a click as suspicious and then displays the data for you in the panel and exports it to a CSV report. You can then block unwanted traffic using IP addresses/IP ranges/user agent names.

Deepika Gabani and T J Tutor like this.
  10. Graybeard

Graybeard Well-Known Member affiliate

Bottom line:10% to 30% are the ad network *click* fraud results when I tested last year -- that's mostly padding on the network's delivery count and what was actually received (I have actual server logs proving this -- not blind accusations and tools making charts :p) -- I am assuming it is not intentional fraud -- just sloppy programming and popunders that were blocked by the users browser (possibly) -- the testing was 80K adult popunders.

To a certain degree; traffic bought from these traffic networks was not much real click fraud -- seems it was all the bogyman's fault :D This is a cost of doing business just like shoplifting is in retail businesses.

The ad that the network sells me for $1 might really cost $1.10 to $1.30 <<< I just look at it this way and don't sweat the small shit ...

MI