The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Mail goes in Spam folder in Gmail

Julia Ann

It's been over a month that I have been noticing my emails are getting failed and going in the spam folder.

I understand Google has updated their policy & if a mail is against Google's policy so it will be in spam but the mail which I'm usually sending are just simple & normal but still they get failed.

Do you Guys also face the same issue?

I would recommend you to clean your email list regularly. Through email verification service, you get rid of junk or invalid email addresses and able to find valid or safe email addresses. It will help you to improve the email deliverability rate and avoid the spam trap. If you want to know more details about spam trap please read it.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are using Gmail than you can configure as many emails as you want as long you have disposable phone numbers.

If you are delivering to Gmail from another email provider or your domain, register a new domain or change web hosting (Most of the time in shared servers email get's flagged because one of the webmasters decided to spam).

Also, if you got some money use a service like MailChimp, easy to use and organize.

Use an autoresponder that has a good reputation and deliverability rate. ActiveCampaign scores highest in that area if you compare it with other tools. Clean your list regularly and send valuable content. Include an "unsubscribe" button to avoid people flagging you as spam.

Here are the main reasons of spam reports and main spam triggers:
  • Too many emails sent too often
  • Hard or impossible to unsubscribe
  • Spam traps (emails sent to fake or inactive addresses)
  • Accidential subscription
  • CAPS
  • invalid HTML in email template
  • attachments
  • shortened links
  • manipulative and needy words (free, cheap, best etc)
  • RE and FWD in the subject line

I had a real (my bad) issue (should have consulted Captain Obvious):
My domains had DKIM but not the SMTP email server,
added the DKIM for the SMTP email server -- problem solved.

This would not effect the content rules nor the machine learning of gmail users marking your mail as spam/junk ... that is a separate issue ...

Last edited:
Really good answers in this thread
Create a checklist of what others have suggested and action every suggestion

Hi Julia,
What ESP are you using ? Have you checked your sending reputation against blocks/listings in mxtoolbox ?

what autoresponder you use ? Also try to make your emails to look less promotional .Google hates promotional mails

Manually send the same email which is landing into the spam folder to 5-6 people and ask those people to mark those emails as "no-spam" and they could even mark them as important.

This has worked for me in the past. Every email has its sending capacity, if you are exceeding that limit then the chances are very high that your emails will land into spam folder.

banners
Back