The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

LP issues

wisher2good

Hi guys,

It seems I bought a domain which is already trademarked by another business without knowing it. I want to use it for my future landing pages, but I want to avoid any legal issues with the trademark owner.

Does anybody know any way in which I would be able to both use a domain to host a landing page (or several) but, at the same time, hide the domain from general access?

Basically, is there any way through which I could restrict access to the domain only to users who have a direct URL from me?

The smart thing to do is just get a new domain.

As for the trademark, well, you need to have proof of the trademark from whom ever claims it. Also, trademarking domains is not always as easy as one might claim.

Per Nolo & their article on this:
"Not all domain names can be registered as trademarks. The PTO is particular about what can be registered as a domain name.

For example, you will have a problem registering a generic name like "drugs.com" as a trademark. And you would face an uphill battle to register a domain name that you use solely as an address and not a signifier of services.

So the law firm of "Smith & Jones" would have a hard time registering "smith&jones.com" as a trademark."

Last edited:
Are you in another area of business altogether?
If you are selling apples and they are selling airplanes -- just put a disclaimer : Not associated with AAAeronotics.com we are AAhealth.com.

If it is an exact match name in another extension, or contains the trademark (or a substantial part of it) -- drop the domain when it expires -- don't use the name. Buy another -- avoid any conflict.

banners
Back