The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

List of things to do

Filipe

Hi there,

Before I start digging into my subject I just wanna say thanks for your prompt replies to my posts. I feel like I've finally found a really good forum.

So after reading about the steps/lists of things to do when it comes to having a plan, I have some questions:
List:
1. promote something
2. research demographics
3.spy on competitors
4.Build 5 landing pages
5.Build 5 banners
6.Build 5 contextual ads
7.deposit funds for traffic
8.set up tracking

Questions:
1. So I'll join an affiliate network first, is there any good one for newbies?
Also was thinking on joining shopify and do drop shipping instead, do you recommend it?
2. How do I research for demographics?
3. Spying on competitors will show me their web pages and advertisements about the same niche?
4. Because I am thinking in starting with shopify that means that I don't actually need landing pages but a website instead?
5. What's the best platform to build landing pages, banners and ads?
6. When I spy on what other people are doing that also applies for they contextual ads? However I do I know that those people who I am spying are being successful?
7. How much should I invest on my first campaign and how long it will last?
8. How many campaigns should I run before I start getting some conversions? I know that will also depend on the way that I actually built my webpage /landing page and how I marketed things around but I just want to have an idea.

Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Before I start digging into my subject I just wanna say thanks for your prompt replies to my posts. I feel like I've finally found a really good forum.

You have! Our members will help you along every step of the way!

So after reading about the steps/lists of things to do when it comes to having a plan, I have some questions:
List:
1. promote something

Select a sub-niche of a vertical and stick with promoting to that sub-niche until you master it.

2. research demographics

This gives you the target audience to focus on.

3.spy on competitors

We have several great spy platforms listed in the Resources area.

4.Build 5 landing pages
5.Build 5 banners
6.Build 5 contextual ads

Correct! You want to split test them and the variations.

7.deposit funds for traffic

As with the sub-niche you select initially, you want to stick with your initial traffic source until you master it.

8.set up tracking

The same as with your sub-niche and traffic source. Stick with your initial selection until you master it.

The reason for sticking with them until you master them as a Newbie is that once you master your initial selections, you will then have the skill to master others with a winning approach.

Questions:
1. So I'll join an affiliate network first, is there any good one for newbies?

Get a new thread opened up in the Business entre forum and title it something like, "Seeking Newbie Friendly Networks". Use the title prefix of "Looking For". You will get loads of responses this way. Make sure they have offers that woork well with the sub-niche you select.

Also was thinking on joining shopify and do drop shipping instead, do you recommend it?

I highly recommend sticking to CPA or affiliate promotions in the beginning.

2. How do I research for demographics?

SpyFu, Google Insights, Google Ad Planner, Facebook Ad Tools, QuantCast, etc.

3. Spying on competitors will show me their web pages and advertisements about the same niche?

Spying on competitors with a good spy platform will give you the landing pages, banners, contextuals, and offers being promoted.

4. Because I am thinking in starting with shopify that means that I don't actually need landing pages but a website instead?

eCommerce requires a great deal of product supplier and drop shipping relationships. Have you looked into the expense of setting this up. It is a very different animal compared to traditional offers being promoted.

5. What's the best platform to build landing pages, banners and ads?

The forum owners just launched Pagesource, one of our Moderators (@tyoussef ) has a great option called Purelander.

6. When I spy on what other people are doing that also applies for they contextual ads? However I do I know that those people who I am spying are being successful?

You will see in most any spy platform the volume, popularity, demographics, and traffic source as well as the ad types. The length of time an ad is running is a good indicator of its success.

7. How much should I invest on my first campaign and how long it will last?

This is dependent on the offer type, payout, budget, etc. Testing and split testing will give you the best indicators of what to budget daily, weekly, and monthly.

8. How many campaigns should I run before I start getting some conversions? I know that will also depend on the way that I actually built my webpage /landing page and how I marketed things around but I just want to have an idea.

Well, rotating banners, contextuals, and landing pages (maybe offers as well), when using five of each gives you at least 25 campaigns to initially test, and up to 125 if you go "balls to the wall".

I recommend you roatate five banners and five landers at first and see which combinations get you conversions. Then scalle the winners a bit and remove the losers. After scaling a bit with those that produced any success, select the remining one or two that can be optimized.

After that, do the same thing with the contextuals.

Be sure to add a VPS to your list! Very important!

Last edited:
Hi @Filipe! YTZ accepts new affiliates!

If you're interested in a performance based network, YTZ is a great choice! We have CPA, CPL, CPI and CPS offers across many verticals. Our smartlink rotators are what we specialize in! When you redirect to us, with our rotator in place, your visitors get sent to an optimized offer depending on their GEO, device and OS. Smart, eh? On top of that, they have built in landing pages, which has been proven to increase conversions. Redirect your traffic with us by signing up here!

MI
Back