The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gold [Journey] Growing An Informational Intent Site To $10,000 A Month From Scratch!

Update
rKSKWsqm.png

Income is from my full money site network.​
  • Article 1 - 1968 Words.
  • Google ads finally getting clicks and impressions. I think it must have just been because of the bank holiday weekend slowing the approval process down.

Update
8BwlU3Km.png

• Article 1 - 1927 Words.
  • Google ads traffic has held for the second day so I'm getting data for the tests I had planned, one of the ad groups has a CPCs is almost 10 times higher than the rest so probably going to stop that one tomorrow if the CPC has held that high today.
  • Did a consulting gig, not something I usually do but due to a lack of motivation I had nothing else to do but motivation and productivity is picking up.
  • Spent more time trying to workout places I am able to travel and it seems a total nightmare for the places I actually want to go. I might look to just do a weekend away in the UK somewhere and then look to try get over to Thailand in November if they review their border policy on schedule.

Update
Nl6ZKSAm.png

• Spent the day churning out the pins for this month's tailwind schedule as I just kept on putting it off. They are pretty much all done for the month now and I checked my Pinterest analytics and impressions and clicks are climbing again.
  • Chased up the other bloggers for the round up video.

It's no wonder you yearn for a vacation, Shaun. You've been going non-stop. There's no doubt in my mind that you're going to reach your $10k/month goal.

Update

Monday
FpWaNqbm.png

• I had offline stuff to do for Monday so didn't do anything for the blogs.

Tuesday
MPj7UrWm.png

• Article 1 - 1654 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1641 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1698 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1702 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 5 - 1507 Words - Outsourced.
It's no wonder you yearn for a vacation, Shaun. You've been going non-stop. There's no doubt in my mind that you're going to reach your $10k/month goal.

Yea I definitely need to get away for a break :).

Update
btWZ3ARm.png

• Article 1 - 1545 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1525 Words - Outsourced.
  • My hope city is close to being put back into lock down so instead of looking to go traveling I'm looking to just move in with one of my friends next month to just add some change to my life to try and get me back into gear of being productive again.
  • One of the cheaper products has gone out of stock for one of my blogs, its only around $50 so not so much of an issue as the $300 item that was out of stock for months but I will be keeping an eye on it. One thing I have noticed is that the Amazon product pages have been updated to recommend alternatives or cheaper products when an item is out of stock so I'm hoping conversions don't drop too much.
I also uploaded my blogger round-up video today that might be useful to people as it offers a number of opinions on how to plan and launch a successful blog.

Update
DWLw6tZm.png

• Article 1 - 1564 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1502 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1515 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1493 Words - Outsourced.
  • Tweaked my Google ads for my test withone of my YouTube sessions but I think its because the target video is based around making a blog to make money so they dont give it impressions where as the one for keyword research doesn't so it seems to get more views.

Update
Sat

WFFviDym.png

• Article 1 - 1543 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1512 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1549 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1489 Words - Outsourced.
Sun
6NLnLQYm.png

• Article 1 - 1503 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1492 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1647 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1509 Words - Outsourced.
  • Canceled one of my Google ads tests, still running one of them as is not doing too bad although it is underperforming for what I would want from it. I am thinking of starting a new ad group for my blogger round-up video to see how that performs.
I also uploaded a video going over some common scams that new bloggers fall for so it might help people avoid them.

Update
Wb1UMGZm.png

• Article 1 - 1501 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1489 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1533 Words - Outsourced.
  • Updated my Google ads test, I am hoping to have the data available tomorrow to make a decision if I want to move forward with it or not.
  • Not sure why my income dropped this low, hoping that its just due to the weekend so will wait to see how it reacts for the rest of the week.

Not sure why my income dropped this low, hoping that its just due to the weekend so will wait to see how it reacts for the rest of the week.

Is your traffic lower, or just revenue? Do you know where visitors are dropping off, where you're losing them? If so, does that provide you with any clues?

Update
3PyNyohm.png

• Article 1 - 1489 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1488 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1529 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1499 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 5 - 1477 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 6 - 1513 Words - Outsourced.
  • Google ads tests are starting to come together, going to let it run as it is for the rest of this week to see how it does.
  • I have had a few people bring a Linkedin profile to my attention that is pretending to be me, its not, I don't use Linkedin and don't have an account with them so keep your guard up. I have reported the account so fingers crossed it will be banned soon.
Is your traffic lower, or just revenue? Do you know where visitors are dropping off, where you're losing them? If so, does that provide you with any clues?

It seems to have just been a one-off, I think it is just weekend shipping in the USA. Traffic and CTR held across the whole weekend but I have seen a number of people reporting >7 day delays in shipping for some states now so it may be that.

It seems to have just been a one-off, I think it is just weekend shipping in the USA.

That's good.

I have seen a number of people reporting >7 day delays in shipping for some states now

Yeah, their postal system is in a mess, so not surprising. I'm in Canada, ordered something from the States a month ago, still haven't gotten it.

Hopefully the problems will be resolved sometime soon-ish.

Update
YvXaczam.png

• Article 1 - 1480 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1490 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1485 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1596 Words - Outsourced.
  • Some new products have been confirmed for the niche of my Amazon affiliate niche site case study so I did some keyword research for them to try and get the drop on the compeating blogs in this niche. The search volumes are not available as they have literally been confirmed over the last few days but Google auto-suggest is already giving returns for the products so I will try to get those articles out soon.
  • I had someone order a unique, high ticket item that is not in any of the niches that I work in so I should be able to track any shipping delays by keeping an eye out on my commissions with Amazon.
Yeah, their postal system is in a mess, so not surprising. I'm in Canada, ordered something from the States a month ago, still haven't gotten it.

Hopefully the problems will be resolved sometime soon-ish.

Yea fingers crossed but the way the UK is going it looks like we will be put back into lockdown soon :(.

Update
oHAIG63m.png

Article 1 - 1496 Words - Outsourced.
Article 2 - 1514 Words - Outsourced.
Article 3 - 1504 Words - Outsourced.
The unique item that was sold via my links last night has shipped already so I'm not sure if I was just lucky but I am seeming more and more people reporting heavy delays with shipping in the USA.
My home city has been on higher restrictions but not a full lockdown so not planning on making my trips to Edinborough or York for a while but its definitely still on my list.

Update
ROouf43m.png

• Article 1 - 1482 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1512 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1545 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 4 - 1504 Words - Outsourced.
  • Ordered a new Fiverr keyword research gig for a YouTube video, I probably wont upload it until next month though.
I also uploaded my Q&A video for September too.

Update

WT2FJoym.png

• Article 1 - 1534 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1489 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1514 Word - Outsourced.
  • Adjusted my Google Ads placements and plan to do a number of tests with max CPV over the coming days.
  • The Autoptimize plugin has turned itself off again on my latest blog for some reason, I think this is the fourth time its happened now so I will try fault find it tomorrow.
I also uploaded my site review video for September 2020, this time is a display ad site.

Update
djXWUUAm.png

• Article 1 - 1509 Words - Outsourced.
  • Built out my Trello calendar for potential videos for next month, I might try to do one video each day again like I did a few months back but see how things land with moving house.
  • Spent some time manually force indexing my test domain and my niche site case study domain in GSC.
  • Spent some time researching the new iPad, I have been looking to move over to iPad pro for a while but I might just pick up the normal iPad for now to keep costs down while I try to workout if it is even possible to work from an iPad over a Macbook.
  • Spent sometime fault finding the autoptimise plugin bug on one of my blogs that I am having and it seems it just two plugins clashing and I think I have fixed it now.

Update
swia2Hkm.png

• Article 1 - 1485 Words - Outsourced.
  • I did some more research into iPads, I want to wait until the new iPad Air is released next month then watch some comparisons between it and the iPad Pro 2020 and then go with either of them. I have seen a bunch of videos on the tasks that I need it to do so it should be able to replace my Macbook.
  • The GSC manual force crawling from a few days back seems to be working an a bunch of pages have jumped into the SERP for their initial entry position for my latest blog.
  • Had a video call with Ezoic today about providing them with some feedback as a kind of consulting gig, I was actually impressed by how hard they are trying to innovate and keep pushing their brand forward so I want to work with them. I can use the cash for more freelance content for my latest blog too.

Update

Wednesday

jm5byE2m.png

• No content today, been busy trying to prep for moving house.
  • Amazon announced tiered commission bonuses throughout October so hoping to see a boost in my niches.
  • Fiverr are also running a special offer for their partners adding $10 to their current $15 for each sign up for October. I will probably put out one video a week on YouTube reviewing Fiverr gigs next month to see if I can take advantage of this.
  • I have been ordering a bunch of stuff ready to move house and Amazon UK sent me an email to my customer account about how they are experiencing delays shipping a bunch of products due to the virus. I guess this might be having an effect on USA income too as a bunch of people have reported it now on the affiliate side.
  • ToDoIst have added boards to their tool so I spent some time playing around with it but I still prefer Trello so will probably just stick with them for now.
Thursday
L8CvElZm.png

• Article 1 - 1515 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 2 - 1498 Words - Outsourced.
  • Article 3 - 1543 Words - Outsourced.a
  • Amazon has updated their operating agreement again, no major changes that affect me but if you are an Amazon affiliate they do seem to be getting stricter with your declarations so make sure you have them visible. I have it in my privacy policy, sidebar, footer, and a smaller mini affiliate declaration under the article title so hoping they all cover me.
  • I also received an email from Amazon saying that my USA affiliate account is having its rate card changed, I'm not sure if this is just for the October event or if they will leave me on it forever but it can potentially be a solid increase in income and can put me on a higher rate for my niche than before the April 2020 cuts.
  • I signed my contract for consulting with Ezoic today too. Looking forward to working with them in all honesty and the cash will be going into content for my niche site case study.

banners
Back