The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

is shared hosting good option for 15 - 20k visitors daily

alvin_raj

affiliate
I'm in plan to take shared server hosting from hostgator and need suggestions upon my needs.

So far i've been managing two of my client websites in single domain hosting (economy hosting) for each website on godaddy , and now its time up to renew and has become more burden on my budget. I would like to buy and move those websites to shared hosting on hostgator where i can save lot of money. I even excelled at migration and i can able to do. Well in future one of those sites may get 15k-20k visitors daily. So my question will shared hosting be a good option to handle large no.of visitors without any issues?

try digitalocean, I'm paying only about $200 per month for one of my site that is getting about 30k visitors per day

Shared hosting is not a good option for that amount of traffic per day, I think you should use a VPS check this site
Linode .com they have good plans at low prices. Good luck.

You surely need a VPS plan with that much amount of traffic. I am sure there are a lot of VPS providers on this forum offering their services. Make sure to contact their support and I am sure they should be able to help you out!

Bad idea buddy. Shared hosting is absolutely not recommended. Instead go for vps hosting. You will get many cheap vps server hosting providers too. You can use managed or unmanaged services with cPanel/plesk/whm. You can also choose between operating systems. For eg linux vps server or windows vps server.

If you have good budget then go for cloud hosting or dedicated server hosting services.

I agree with everyone else here, You NEED to go to a VPS with that amount of traffic. I do think that the VPS price from digitalocean that @louiecorp mentioned seems high. I'd recommend you shop around on Web Hosting Talk for some of the VPS specials that are posted there. Lots of decent providers and some great prices. I'd look at reviews as well as offers to find a good provider.

I'm in plan to take shared server hosting from hostgator and need suggestions upon my needs.

So far i've been managing two of my client websites in single domain hosting (economy hosting) for each website on godaddy , and now its time up to renew and has become more burden on my budget. I would like to buy and move those websites to shared hosting on hostgator where i can save lot of money. I even excelled at migration and i can able to do. Well in future one of those sites may get 15k-20k visitors daily. So my question will shared hosting be a good option to handle large no.of visitors without any issues?

Nice Information great job what is benifit perchage domaion.

With shared hosting you are prone to viruses, hacking,malware etc as the space assigned is not private to specific user. I suggest you to use vps hosting & forget about old generation technologies.

Try VPS hosting, it might extend your cost budget, but you need a better option than shared hosting to manage this heavy traffic.

banners
Back