The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Is Funnel Scripts worth it?

OscarMike

Hi guys, I've been looking for ways to save money on copywriting. I've hired a copywriter in the past to write some of my emails but he's not cheap.

I've read Dot Com Secrets by Russell Brunson and Copywriting Secrets by Jim Edwards.

Jim Edwards has a product called Funnel Scripts. It apparently helps write emails and sales pages without having to hire an expensive copywriter.

Have any of you guys heard about it? It comes with a hefty price tag. It costs something like $700 but it's supposed to save you money because you no longer need to hire a copywriter.

I don't want to get ripped off though.

I'm interested to know what you think.

Thanks

Last edited:
looking for ways to save money on copywriting

I've long been a believer that this is one of the most important skills every marketer MUST develop. Ongoing development. In doing this you learn quickly that masterful copywriting is everywhere. TV commercials, radio commercials, newspapers, magazines, and of course the internet. One of the things you might do to learn is subscribe to as many newsletters from successful people in our industry. Their sales pitches, sales letter, and content pitches provide a look inside the mind of successful copywriting. Create a folder inside your email program and create an email rule to have all those subscriptions delivered there so you don't have to have them mixed in with all your other email. Then study them, read them daily. I have over 200 subscriptions for this purpose. Dan Kennedy, John Carlton, Brunson, Kern, Deiss, Ben Settle (el benbo), etc., etc. Not just from copywriters, be sure to get emails from affiliate networks, marketing course providers, marketing forums, and all other forms of emails from known, respected, and successful marketing sources.

Also, a great place for copywriting examples for current funnels are intelligence platforms like AdPlexity. They show you exactly what copywriting in todays funnels is working for the offers and funnels out there. Funnel copy is really important because the funnels have a flow and the copy delivers a succession of a story that encourages the user to do certain things through the process of the funnel at each stage. Copy is different in the ads from that on the lander, as well as different on the conversion page. The copy may differ for the angle, then the hook, and finally the trigger.

Edwards and Brunson are knowledgeable, and successful, but don't buy their email courses just yet. Not before you take a stab at it yourself through study and the research I recommend.

One more thing, keep all of your copy in a binder or in a digital doc. This will be invaluable to you over time. Document every bit of ad copy and funnel copy you can and organize it. This saves you tons of money and time as you move forward. I have decades of these stored that I reference almost daily.

As well, look for swipe files. These can be invaluable. These are nothing more than proven copy that have been organized and made available for free and sometimes for a small fee. Save your own copy long enough and your copy examples become a swipe file.

Last edited:
banners
Back