The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

IP Ranges For US States

bpenn34

Banned
Hi,

Does anyone know where to find IP ranges for certain US states? I am trying to exclude certain states from my adult campaigns on Trafficstars, since they don't have a way to do this otherwise.

Trafficstars only allows the option to exclude IP ranges.

My offer doesn't allow traffic from certain states.

-Brad

Say what?:D
  • How many states?
You have to do this on your server with the GeoIP module for that server (if it is Apache2/or Nginx)

There are alternatives using PHP for example ...
  • Question: what will you do with the traffic you 'decline?'
Another thing: if the traffic is mobile the IP location may only be 60%-70% accurate as mobile uses proxy locations sometimes of up to a 1000 mile radius.

cat 2-City-Locations-en.csv |grep ',US,'|egrep -vc 'AR|DE|HI|ID|LA|MD|MA|ND|OK|OR|SC'
cat GeoLite2-City-Locations-en.csv |grep ',US,'|egrep -c 'AR|DE|HI|ID|LA|MD|MA|ND|OK|OR|SC'
cat GeoLite2-City-Locations-en.csv |grep -c ,US,
20790 ==all

• How will you edit 2833 lines? CIDR ranges 1.2.3.0/22 << example
That is near 1 million individual IP addresses ...

My servers can be set up to do this. How many US GEO hits are you buying? (banner|native|pop|push)
I may do it for the traffic you decline as a trade (perhaps).

*** count corrected below the % disallowed is probably similar <<< that seems plausible.

Last edited:
Correction:
SELECT DISTINCT COUNT(netwk) FROM ip_sort_usa_46no0;
+--------------+
| COUNT(netwk) |
+--------------+
| 1161946 |
those numbers seemed small ^above is the correct network count (minus known data centers) as all the US maybe 370 Million IP addresses 'residental/business ISPs' sorry about that (major error :eek:)

Bottom line: you have to buy the entire US GEO and do your own sorting.
You cannot filter something this big with a dashboard "tools for fools" user interface.

MI
Back