The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

I'm struggling to build a targeted email list

Med Tr

Hello Email Marketers,

I'm newbie in Email Marketing, so after getting some skills I decided to start my small business.
I created a Mailchimp account and a landing page that offers a paid ebook for free.
However I found out that traffic sources such as Facebook ads, Google Adwords ...etc are very expensive and acquire a strong skills, experience as well.
Otherwise I saw in this forum that there are others email marketers that buy email lists and monetize it and do bulk send via their own mail server.
I'm completely confusing.
What should I do ?

Hello Email Marketers,

I'm newbie in Email Marketing, so after getting some skills I decided to start my small business.
I created a Mailchimp account and a landing page that offers a paid ebook for free.
However I found out that traffic sources such as Facebook ads, Google Adwords ...etc are very expensive and acquire a strong skills, experience as well.
Otherwise I saw in this forum that there are others email marketers that buy email lists and monetize it and do bulk send via their own mail server.
What should I do ?

What's your niche? I can help you to get started.

Hello Email Marketers,

What should I do ?
If you do a little bit of research you can figure out that there are several other free ways apart from Facebook and Adwords to get users to your squeeze page and submit their emails.
The process may be time-consuming but will be worth it in the long run.
Outright buying or bartering of lists is an old practice in the industry, but you have to be extremely careful while you are using a mainstream ESP like mailchimp. they will shut you down in no time, if your spam report or even bounce rate exceeds their predetermined limits.
If you plan on buying lists and sending out bulk emails, i would suggest you to set up your own SMTP server, with a decent IP pool.

Thank's Towhid my niche is skin care.

There are other traffic sources beside Facebook ads, Google Adwords. Look into solo ads. You can spend some time researching some of the bigger website in your niche and ask them privately how much they would charge to email their list for your offer.

Make sure it's a free offer with a really good conversion rate before you start spending too much. Spend small portion of your ad budget to get some good quality traffic to get an idea on the conversion of your landing page. If your content is really good, you can get some people to email for you for free.

If you are completely new to this industry, remember this next few line very carefully. There is no best conversion rate. You can always make it better. Spend some time on learning the basic copywriting or get someone. Most successful people follows systematized steps. Do not try to be too clever and try something. Just copy other successful people in your niche when starting.

Stick to traditional ESP until you are killing the niche and making decent ROI. I used to own ESP, done self hosted and here's my take. If you go for self hosted now with purchased email list, you will loose money at your current state. You are not there yet. It's damn hard to manage self hosted servers and way harder to hit people's inbox in your niche from that server.

Traditional ESP's spent years to build relationship to whitelist their IP's with Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Live etc. Besides buying list and cleaning them properly, removing Spamtraps are too much work for someone who's starting out.

If you think Facebook ads, Google Adwords are expensive for you, self hosted will be a nightmare. Focus on the offer, quality of traffic and conversion right now.

Spend your tight budget wisely and keep everything simple. It's very easy to build an email list that way.

I'd go into more details but I'm out of town right now to launch our new office branch. If you get stuck in your journey, comment here and I will give you my opinions and so will others.

If you do a little bit of research you can figure out that there are several other free ways apart from Facebook and Adwords to get users to your squeeze page and submit their emails.
The process may be time-consuming but will be worth it in the long run.
Outright buying or bartering of lists is an old practice in the industry, but you have to be extremely careful while you are using a mainstream ESP like mailchimp. they will shut you down in no time, if your spam report or even bounce rate exceeds their predetermined limits.
If you plan on buying lists and sending out bulk emails, i would suggest you to set up your own SMTP server, with a decent IP pool.

I'm just finished to setting up my own server using a bulk send email app and Sendgrid as an smtp.
However I don't know where to find an honest and loyal buyer of 3rd data party.
I found out that there are many scammers in this industry such as companies and data brokers.

There are other traffic sources beside Facebook ads, Google Adwords. Look into solo ads. You can spend some time researching some of the bigger website in your niche and ask them privately how much they would charge to email their list for your offer.

Make sure it's a free offer with a really good conversion rate before you start spending too much. Spend small portion of your ad budget to get some good quality traffic to get an idea on the conversion of your landing page. If your content is really good, you can get some people to email for you for free.

If you are completely new to this industry, remember this next few line very carefully. There is no best conversion rate. You can always make it better. Spend some time on learning the basic copywriting or get someone. Most successful people follows systematized steps. Do not try to be too clever and try something. Just copy other successful people in your niche when starting.

Stick to traditional ESP until you are killing the niche and making decent ROI. I used to own ESP, done self hosted and here's my take. If you go for self hosted now with purchased email list, you will loose money at your current state. You are not there yet. It's damn hard to manage self hosted servers and way harder to hit people's inbox in your niche from that server.

Traditional ESP's spent years to build relationship to whitelist their IP's with Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, Live etc. Besides buying list and cleaning them properly, removing Spamtraps are too much work for someone who's starting out.

If you think Facebook ads, Google Adwords are expensive for you, self hosted will be a nightmare. Focus on the offer, quality of traffic and conversion right now.

Spend your tight budget wisely and keep everything simple. It's very easy to build an email list that way.

I'd go into more details but I'm out of town right now to launch our new office branch. If you get stuck in your journey, comment here and I will give you my opinions and so will others.

Thanks for these great information. However solo ads it's not the best choice for my niche, it's related to biz opp and mmo niches.
I tried a free traffic but it become hard to get a targeted audience especially for promoting cpa offers.
I decided to buy a 3rd party data and start monetizing it.

Thanks for these great information. However solo ads it's not the best choice for my niche, it's related to biz opp and mmo niches.
I tried a free traffic but it become hard to get a targeted audience especially for promoting cpa offers.
I decided to buy a 3rd party data and start monetizing it.
You are welcome. If you think buying 3rd party list is better than solo ads, I got nothing for you. I've seen great solo ads people in most niche. You just need to look for it to the right place.

If your targeting an email list as a top priority I wold create an organic website that ranks well inside the search engines. Once that is established I would create a pop up so people have to enter an email address in order to visit your site. Maybe even offer a free product, service, or book for people as an added incentive. This will really build up a highly targeted e-mail list on skin care.

If your targeting an email list as a top priority I wold create an organic website that ranks well inside the search engines. Once that is established I would create a pop up so people have to enter an email address in order to visit your site. Maybe even offer a free product, service, or book for people as an added incentive. This will really build up a highly targeted e-mail list on skin care.
Dont you wish life was that easy my friend. :)

Pay a professional it's probably less expensive in the long run ...

thumbsup.gif
I didn't want to suggest him to pay anybody. He's clearly starting new, gonna loose money and got vague idea on how expensive it can get if he doesn't convert those offers. The more he pays the more he goes negative on his budget.

I guess you should try lead generation tool like Snov.io, that will help you to find contacts of the right people, check if the emails are valid and send triggered email campaigns. It offers forever free monthly renewable plan, so you'll be able to use monthly 50 credits on email finder and verifier, and you will have a possivility to send email drip campaigns up to 30 unique recipients for free.
Email marketing is a lucrative way of business promotion, soi recommend you to choose the right tool for it:)
Hope it helps.

I guess you should try lead generation tool like Snov.io, that will help you to find contacts of the right people, check if the emails are valid and send triggered email campaigns. It offers forever free monthly renewable plan, so you'll be able to use monthly 50 credits on email finder and verifier, and you will have a possivility to send email drip campaigns up to 30 unique recipients for free.
Email marketing is a lucrative way of business promotion, soi recommend you to choose the right tool for it:)
Hope it helps.

Thanks for your recommendation. I let you know that I'm not looking for a b2b email list, also I already tried this method to get b2c subscribers and I didn't get what I expected. Anyway Thanks!

MI
Back