The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

I just got banned from Facebook Ads again...

OscarMike

Facebook is really finnicky lately. I feel like I'm stepping on their feet so to speak with my marketing.

I thought it would be a great idea to do an iPhone giveaway and target "iphone" as the detailed interest. There are about 500,000,000 who are following the iPhone on Facebook.

This was a real giveaway. I was using Rafflepress as my giveaway wordpress plugin to collect leads.

Within a few hours of submitting my ad, my ad was not only disapproved, but my ad account was also permanently disabled.

Their reason: my giveaway looked like a scam. I guess it seemed "too good to be true."

There are 2 things I did that I think led to this decision to disable my account:

1) the iphone giveaway, which seemed fake in their eyes
2) the day before I created a fan page for Matthew Mcconaughey and created a "Like" campaign. My ad for this page was disapproved.

I believe Facebook no longer likes fan pages for celebrities. I had another fan page for WWE star John Cena and it was taken down last year because of 'copyright infringement." All I was doing for that fan page was posting news links about John Cena (eg Bleacher Report news updates). I never posted anything trademarked, copyrighted, or any email submit offers.

My question to you guys:

Is there any giveaway lead magnet that is safe to advertise on Facebook? Perhaps a $50 Subway gift card is safer than an Iphone? or maybe a book related to the niche? What do you guys think? I guess an $799 unlocked Iphone is a bad choice.

Thanks

I don't have deep experiment with FB ads, but you know? .. it's always hard to deal with it ..
The common issue with promoting a giveaway there? Perhaps is not including the Giveaway rules, uhmm also, other things that FB doesn't like.. such as using the words 'you' and 'yours' often, launching your campaign immediately, or creating maany ads for your 1st campaign ..
I don't think the issue is with the iPhone giveaway, it's with the way you promote it.
There are some experts here, I hope they'd see this thread and give their opinions as well.

Good luck!

- Samira

I once was able to run a contest for a website our business owned offering a 100€ daily prize.
It was an image upload website and part of an ad arbitrage scheme (now defunct--failed idea).
We were the principals and had a multi-million € business --totally legit contest!
That said, Facebook moderation at first refused the contest until I proved we we were.
(We were the offer --not an affiliate email phishing operation <=that's why you got banned.)

I have done FB ads in the past but mostly with a shopify store.

What kind of funnel are you using for your giveaway?
More importantly what kind of copy are you using in your ads?

As pointed out by @PureLander , addressing the audience directly can be trouble.

The safest way to generate leads from FB, from my experience is to promote a free book/ebook.
Alternatively you can send the traffic to a genuine offer/product with a price tag on the page and proper checkout page.
Stay away from the make money online niche on FB. Too complex to navigate and you will definitively get your account banned.

The iPhone giveaway thing is full of shady clickbait crap, I'm not surprised Facebook banned you.
You could try a less direct approach and send facebook ads traffic to your site and let that do the promoting. Either way, you need a different angle.

Facebook is really finnicky lately. I feel like I'm stepping on their feet so to speak with my marketing.

I thought it would be a great idea to do an iPhone giveaway and target "iphone" as the detailed interest. There are about 500,000,000 who are following the iPhone on Facebook.

This was a real giveaway. I was using Rafflepress as my giveaway wordpress plugin to collect leads.

Within a few hours of submitting my ad, my ad was not only disapproved, but my ad account was also permanently disabled.

Their reason: my giveaway looked like a scam. I guess it seemed "too good to be true."

There are 2 things I did that I think led to this decision to disable my account:

1) the iphone giveaway, which seemed fake in their eyes
2) the day before I created a fan page for Matthew Mcconaughey and created a "Like" campaign. My ad for this page was disapproved.

I believe Facebook no longer likes fan pages for celebrities. I had another fan page for WWE star John Cena and it was taken down last year because of 'copyright infringement." All I was doing for that fan page was posting news links about John Cena (eg Bleacher Report news updates). I never posted anything trademarked, copyrighted, or any email submit offers.

My question to you guys:

Is there any giveaway lead magnet that is safe to advertise on Facebook? Perhaps a $50 Subway gift card is safer than an Iphone? or maybe a book related to the niche? What do you guys think? I guess an $799 unlocked Iphone is a bad choice.

Thanks
It has become hard in the last couple of years to advertise on Facebook as they can ban you for pretty much anything, even if you use some strange word in a hashtag (had experiences with this). Giveaways are especially problematic as they aren't exactly according to their rules, so I am not surprised that they banned you for this. All of us would need to think about finding some new advertising platforms, as it will be harder and harder to get ads approved here, and Google Ads isn't any better.

Perhaps is not including the Giveaway rules,
Thank you Samira for the tip. I completely forgot to post the terms and conditions of the giveaway contest in my ad. I'll remember that for next time.

Do you think there are "safe" prizes for a giveaway? for instance, a cookbook? a $50 Amazon gift card (rather than $1000 gift card)?

@OscarMike Systems (bots) that check social media platforms ensure that the rules of their community are not violated. Among them, there are often various types of bans including: a ban on promoting content considered inappropriate by a given website (like the one you've mentioned).

The case you've described sounds like a perfect job for a link cloaker. It consists of several elements. A safe page, which is the page that everyone who clicks on the link first goes to. If a bot uses the link, it remains on the safe page. The real user is redirected to the specific advertiser's website. So there is no contact with your safe page. Thanks to this, the links you promote have a much longer lifespan. Usually, you'd have to pay for a link cloaking systems but if you want to try one without paying for it, at MyLead, we have created it so that our users can use it for free. We called it HideLink and you can check it out by clicking here.

Natalia, MyLead

FB Meta stock tanked overnight lost about -$202 Billion in capitalized value overnight
Feel better now :D
Karma bites back ;)
1643889908462.png

Last edited:
MI
Back