The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

I've received 1 sale so far (Facebook ads question)

OscarMike

Hi all, I'm running a Facebook ads campaign. I'm interested in selling print on demand products, so I've decided to sell a funny coffee mug that I designed myself.

I'm testing $100 adsets. I've created 2 adsets so far. My plan is test 5-10 new adsets a day until I find 10 profitable adsets. My profit per sale is $20 per mug sold. This includes cost of goods sold and Gearbubble platform fees. My Facebook cost per sale is astronomical however. So far, my cost per sale for the 1 mug is $67.38.

Sorry if this is a silly question, but should I keep spending money testing this same adset to see if I can get another sale? I can't turn a profit if my profit per mug is $20 and my cost per sale is $67. I'm $47 in the hole. What should I do?

Thanks in advance

Yeah, mugs are typically $11 to $24 with most in the $20 range. Unless you have gold trim on those mugs, your costs are too high.

Additionally:
  • Your design may not be as appealing as you may need it to be.
  • You may not be targeting properly.
  • The targeted niche may not be receptive.

Yeah, mugs are typically $11 to $24 with most in the $20 range. Unless you have gold trim on those mugs, your costs are too high.

Additionally:
  • Your design may not be as appealing as you may need it to be.
  • You may not be targeting properly.
  • The targeted niche may not be receptive.
Thanks for the input TJ Tutor.

I have another question: is it ever wise to mention the price of the product in the Facebook ad?

Someone once told me to never put the price in the Facebook ad because Facebook uses CPM. Whereas, it's ok to put the price in a Google ad because I'm paying on a cost-per-click basis with Google. Mentioning the price in the CPC ad can actually be beneficial because it qualifies the prospect.

What are your thoughts? Thanks.

is it ever wise to mention the price of the product in the Facebook ad?

This is a huge debate all of the time. I've never thought of a price in an ad as a good or bad thing. It's simply what kind of ad and where. However, for banner ads, I don't see a price as a benefit. Maybe on the lander. Typically a price is not an intricate part of a proper angle, hook, and trigger plan.

I appreciate the thought about qualifying a prospect, but while that may work well in advertorials and such, I don't see it as appropriate for most typical banners. Space is limited in a banner and it may prevent clicks from the "on the fence" prospects. Landing pages, FB Pages, and places like that are more appropriate for the price.

Some good gems here, thanks for sharing....
challengeLove.jpg

MI
Back