The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Start Earning From Dropshipping

So how do you get products… where do you find them… how do you know if they’ll sell… how do you get them to customers?

In the vast world of internet entrepreneurship, there are many answers to all of those questions. You could create your own products — but that can be a long and time-consuming process. Or you could buy in bulk from a manufacturer and then ship out products to your customers as they buy. But that is an expensive solution, and you have to take the risk of investing that money in buying stock and not having sales (we all know somebody with a garage full of inventory of their "big idea" right?)
There is a solution that allows you to sidestep all those hassles. And it It’s called drop shipping. And it has taken the online business world by storm. A drop shopping business is one of the fastest, easiest, and most low-risk ways to get started with an online business.

Let's take a look at how to start a dropship business, how the drop shipping business model works, and the key things you should know before going into it.

Not all manufacturers and wholesalers offer drop shipping, but many do.

You handle all the marketing for your business… you set up your website with a shopping cart (or set up a virtual storefront on Amazon)… write your blog… do social media and email marketing… you contact the prospects and customers. You tell them all about the products and how it will make their lives better. Basically, you do all of the marketing, advertising, and promotion to get the customers and make the sale.

But when it comes time to actually send out the product and fulfill it… the drop shipper takes over. They have the inventory in their warehouse. You send them the orders that come in, paying the wholesale price for each order. This can be done by email, submitted online, or through a spreadsheet file — it depends on the drop shipper. They put the order together and ship it to your customer. Done.

Of course, they do charge a fee for this service. Just how much depends on the product. But usually, it’s about $2 to $5 — a handling fee. That’s on top of the wholesale price for the product itself and the cost of shipping. That can seem like a lot.

But you can still stay profitable as a drop shipping business, despite the thinner margins. If you want to increase your profits you raise your prices — at least as much as your market will bear. You can also sell more volume. And you can always contact your drop shipper to negotiate a lower handling fee.

Remember though, that you aren’t risking your money upfront. You are only paying these fees if you actually sell a product.

Of course, you can always do a Google search for "drop shipper" or "niche + drop shipper" to find other dropshipping companies.

Pick the right niche market and product, and you could have a profitable venture on your hands. You could even expand into other niches and sell other products, too.

There are many people making healthy six and seven-figures strictly from a dropshipping business... the possibilities really are endless with a drop shipping business.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm wanting to do dropshipping later
I researched it last year
And found that You do
need start up cash for
Membership with some USA
Dropship Companies
Plus I would need to learn
the technical aspects of it as well
But..true people do make
money with dropshipping.
With dropshipping
You have one store and
Can list hundreds of products
All in one store:)

Thanks for this but you didn't give an example

Of what? Sales stats, you mean?

The concept is simple - build a store (website with cart); market it for traffic and sales; get the product company to ship the item directly to the customer. You do the front-end work, the manufacturer/product company does the back-end work of filling and shipping the order.

It takes work, of course, that's just the concept in a nutshell.

If you think you can go head to head with Amazon FBA or eBay sellers importing from the orient -- You will have a rough row to hoe.

Too many goods are highly commoditized now.

Finding unique items with decent profit margins is the key ;)

Funny stuff -- an affiliate link to Shopify

Once again deleted.

Referral links are ONLY allowed if they are clearly marked as referral links and a direct, non-referral link is also provided and cleared stated as such.

Funny stuff -- an affiliate link to Shopify
Shopify does have a good reputation however.
Too many middlemen for me ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Now Dropshipping has become more difficult after FB issue. You need extensive knowledge to make money through dropshipping.

Thank you. I tried my luck in drop shipping with Instagram influencers, but it was way to hard. Most of the influencer accounts that sell shout-outs have low conversion rates and it was actually really hard to get them to reply to my DM's

Just another guy selling shovels to gold miners -- I am exploring some new option I have found to do a lifetime (repeat income) affiliate deal with a direct shipping from China (mainly) but also from US and EU warehouses (limited items available).

So, after the sale it is turnkey -- the organization does $400 Million (*USD) per year so I think they will be good for the money. They do offer some items for less than Amazon so it's competitive. Small money under 13% but long term.

Like this :) that's sweet no pockets for the monkeys to get into :p

backpack-anti.jpg

They have leader items for just a few dollars too to get the people in you refer ;)

1. You find a dropshipping supplier and see his catalog with prices and photos. You study the conditions and everything suits you. Prices from suppliers wholesale, so you can charge a decent amount on top. Here is an article on how to charge extras.

2. Next, you make an online store or a one-page website or a group on social networks (for example, on Vkontakte or Odnoklassniki) and place there the goods chosen by the supplier, BUT set prices higher (above wholesale, for which the product costs the supplier).

3. After filling the store or group, you start advertising and you have buyers who pay for the goods.
4. You place an order for a purchased or selected product from a supplier and arrange delivery immediately to your buyer’s address. The supplier you pay for the goods at the wholesale price, which is listed at the supplier. And leave yourself a markup that you made.

5. The supplier packs and sends the order to your customer.

6. As a result, the client receives the purchased goods, the supplier receives money from the wholesale price, and you receive money from the price difference. All in the black!

the possibilities really are endless with a drop shipping business.

So true!:cool:
Seriously, you have much more opportunities than eCommerce entrepreneurs had, let’s say, 5 years ago:
  • huge dropshipping knowledge base
  • lots of special technical tools for dropshipping (you don’t need to import your products manually or spend long hours looking for the ePacket delivery option. You just need to install a plugin on your website. Besides that, nowadays, there are tons of add-ons, services and themes designed specifically for dropshipping)
  • Improved terms of delivery (everything changed when ePacket delivery became available for Chinese sellers)
  • Lots of opportunities for marketing
    • Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, etc.)
    • Google advertising
    • Email marketing
    • Guest blogging
    • YouTube marketing
    • Q&A websites
:)

I think dropshipping to the USA from China is dead or dying now.
There is no more duty free entry China Post packages Aliexpress, et al. (possibly)
If people have to go to the post office and pay 10% duty (now) and 25% duty (starting 2019) it will not be worth the time and bother.
20% of the new items subject to US Tariffs are finished goods from China.
The *list* >>> https://ustr.gov/sites/default/files/enforcement/301Investigations/Tariff List_09.17.18.pdf

US based dropshippers will just pay more for their goods if imported from China. The increased price will just be passed on to you.

Dropshipping to addresses outside of the USA (Europe or elsewhere is unchanged).

Update: I bought a packet of press on buttons (bluejeans waist band buttons) they were shipped to me from 'orange connex' (with some mandarin Chinese characters on the label) and arrived in my mailbox with the postage paid from the seller on eBay. (A few weeks ago)

They were 20% of the price I paid a few years ago from an Amazon Seller for a similar product -- so anyone else buy something posted direct from China and what was with the customs and duties in the USA?

banners
Back