The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

How to set up my own affiliate network

linky

affiliate
Hi
I've been bouncing the idea of affiliate marketing since february and rolling different plans in my head. I've come to a conclusion that I need to create my own affiliate network, or equivalent(first tier, local manager etc..) so I'm now struggeling with the first step. There are lots of software providers out there but it's not so easy to find one for networks. especially for smaller, starting networks. Any ideas? My desire is to help local bloggers earn with the thing they do best, but there aren't any networks around here and the concept of affiliate marketing isn't widely known. so I need some advice . how to start a network technically... managing it is normally the hardest part but i have this part coverd.

update..
So I sent e-mails to some software providers and one of them offered a starting point of 1500$/month + 0,003$ per click. My concern is that it's not reasnoble to pay per click, or is it? This fee includes hosting and website (if I understood correctly). _This reply also was written in a way that it could be possible to bargain with them about the pricing. What are your thoughts on that, what would be ok pricing for a starting network?

Thanks for that. well my update is that I bought the script mentioned above... now choosing name for domain....real pain in a... got several options and nobody to consult with. Any ideas of names for affiliate network???

Thanks for that. well my update is that I bought the script mentioned above... now choosing name for domain....real pain in a...

@Chris Tom is very supportive, if you are having a pain the * with it, contact him. He'll help.

got several options and nobody to consult with.[/QUOTE]

What consulting do you require at the moment?

Any ideas of names for affiliate network???

Keep it simple and easy to remember. Something "catchy".

thanks for support. by consultancy I meant name choosing advise. Is it good idea to post here some of the names on the table? just for fresh view on them, maybe they are all BS.

linkyfy.com
affixify.com
linkflow.org
linkstream.eu/pro/online/net

linkbank.online/systems/pro/solutions
linking.solutions
cleardot.gif

salehunts.com
salehunt.eu

I recommend trying to stick with .com's.

I like linkflow.org, I just don't like the using .org for our type of business.

I'll get some time tonight to add a few of my own.

so I think I'll start with dot ee. it's national domain (estonia). Since I will start locally, it will give me several benefits to use .ee domain to launch. Locally its more trustworthy than .com or any other. There are lot more good domain names availible and they are not as pricey. for example linkbank.com vs linkbank.ee (4k eur vs 9 eur) or salehunt.ee, for example, is availible, costs 9eur per year and has nice play of words because it has a funny/catchy/memorable meaning in estonian language. linkflow was my first choice allso, but as you, I didn't like the .org at the end. Allthough I really like those dot solutions/systems top level domains with what one can have allso catchy play of words, but the problem is that people are not used to them and they seem untrustworthy. I got another feedback on that list of domain names and affixify.com was chosen. Allthough its dotcom and has a hint of affiliate marketing, it allso has a wannabe startup feeling in it...I find it too tacky, at least here in estonia, the country of startups. The desision is not made yet so thoughts are welcome.

leadbank.com is taken and probably very expensive. leadbanks.com costs 2k eur. leadbank.org is available and costs 10 eur. salesbank.com is allso taken, but .net and . eu of salesbank are available. both of them are available on .ee

leadbank.com is taken and probably very expensive. leadbanks.com costs 2k eur. leadbank.org is available and costs 10 eur. salesbank.com is allso taken, but .net and . eu of salesbank are available. both of them are available on .ee

if the com is taken, I never bother with it. Unless the domain is only going to be used to redirect traffic and I don't care about branding. This is because of the possibility of trademark infringement. Even if a domain isn't trademarked, usually the first to register is given preference.

By no means am I an expert and I'm pretty sure that the name and category it's trademarked under is also important, rather than just the name itself. So do some homework.

The top 3 network platforms are Cake, HasOffers and HitPath.

You can get started for about $300 per month w/ 300K clicks per month.

CAKE for Networks | Affiliate Tracking Software
CAKE Basic
HasOffers by TUNE: The Leading Performance Marketing Software
Home - HitPath

cake and hitpath pricing starts from $1500/month + click charge..... don't have that kind of money to spend and that... click charge(wtf?) alltough they seem good quality products and probably there were room for negotiating. Cake was my first choice because when I did my homework, and understudied closest competition, then cake was the service provider powering it. of cource in bigger markets it would be ok to pay such price, no problem at all. but I wanted to start locally because on bigger markets it's allso lots of competition so it's harder to succeed, especcially getting those advertisers... but here in my backyard I got my first advertiser yesterday, without having a service to offer yet, I sold the concept, the idea...

if the com is taken, I never bother with it. Unless the domain is only going to be used to redirect traffic and I don't care about branding. This is because of the possibility of trademark infringement. Even if a domain isn't trademarked, usually the first to register is given preference.

By no means am I an expert and I'm pretty sure that the name and category it's trademarked under is also important, rather than just the name itself. So do some homework.

Yes I have given it a thought that I can't use names that have solid companies behind. for example salehunt.com is (probably) a dropshipping site. You said that you dont care about branding. could you explain what exactly you mean by that. Is it that the name of domain is not important?

Last edited:
cake and hitpath pricing starts from $1500/month + click charge..... don't have that kind of money to spend and that... click charge(wtf?) alltough they seem good quality products and probably there were room for negotiating. Cake was my first choice because when I did my homework, and understudied closest competition, then cake was the service provider powering it. of cource in bigger markets it would be ok to pay such price, no problem at all. but I wanted to start locally because on bigger markets it's allso lots of competition so it's harder to succeed, especcially getting those advertisers... but here in my backyard I got my first advertiser yesterday, without having a service to offer yet, I sold the concept, the idea...

That's not true.

CAKE Basic

Hasoffers has similar.

Not sure about Hitpath, but would expect them to be competitive.

Last edited:
yeah... well I allready bought another one.... I sent direct e-mail to cake and they offered 1500 as starting price. not used to bargain where i come from. One is responsible for its words.
But I want to thank all readers and posters of this thread.... I really appreciate your feedback and comments....Even if my replys seem somewhat ...whateverwhat... those comments help me with valuable knowledge, experience and even to organize my own thoughts. I realize that affiliate marketing network is never a local business and in world terms .com is the only way to go. Anyway I've got this feeling right know that just pick a f**g name and go on with it, later will sort out potensial sh*t

MI
Back