The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

Finding a Niche

I think it is important to find a niche. I think you have to have a niche that has a large market also to be successful for a long period of time.

Having a large market really helps, because than there is enough of the market for you to grab a piece of it. However, don't be afraid to test the waters, if there is not a market. In other words, you can sometimes create your own market, as long as you have a really good idea of course.

To see if there is a market, only takes a little bit of time and research. In my opinion it is completely worth the time!

This is true, and the key to creating a market is making people believe that they want to be apart of said market. In other words, all markets are created with advertising, and often its not things that people need that, but rather things that marketers are able to convince people that they need/want. When it comes down to it, some people can sell anything--so if you have a unique niche, don't be afraid, just make sure you market it to the best of your ability. There are always customers/clients!

Niche Market

It is true that Marketing is huge no matter what you are doing and also reaching your target audience. But you know a lot of people are looking for a home based business that can produce an income for them. Especially something Residual and with a huge market that is a niche market and is growing. The key is to do something you love and sell a product that you believe in.

:D

After you get your list of things you are interested in or passionate about, then use this example to flush out which ones have enough interest, yet aren't too competitive. (Newbies need low competition, if you have more experience you can handle more.)

<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/newbie-affiliate-forum/12699-newbie-interested-affiliate-programs.html#post38278">Step by step Key word research to evaluate niche</a>

Niche

I am also searching for my niche market. For me I think it needs to be something that really interests me. I do love this learning process though. Jan

Yes,

And aside from that, maybe you want to look up for the hottest trends and visualize it if it will still be a good niche in the future so that you'll not end up shutting it down afterwards..

Trends

I think it is important to look at the trends of course but also maybe an interest that is our own that isn't being addressed by many.
That way it would hold our interest and also we could have followers that at the moment have no where to go. Make sense?

Definitely JanEJG, consider your interest AND expertise when trying to come up with a niche market, as you can do relatively well fast since you'll understand who your target market is, how to communicate with them and what the selling points for them are!

A little help please

This is my first time affiliate marketing and I'm confused. I have learn so mush information in the last weeks,it all become one mas of information. Its like what come first the chicken or the egg...lol

So hears my questions, what do I do first find a nich? start a web site, find keywords. So whats the answer? I have a few ideas about what to sale. And I have a great website biulder that does everything except autoresponder.But I'm still confused about blogging and twitter and writting articles. I've been learning about e-mail mailing. But on one autoresponder I was looking at said that hotmail doesn't allow electronic genrated e-mail to be sent to there costumers ( I got that from responders.com) is this true or not? I new at this and I'm really confused. So what would anyone out there
suggestto be my first step. Or should I just write a e-book.

Marty picking your niche is the 1st step, as answers to the rest of your questions could vary based on the niche direction you decide to go in.

Have you gone through the exercise at the link in post #1 of this thread yet?
Then go through the rest of this thread and work on finding your niche. That's step 1.

Then read the stickies in the newbie forum as they will answer most of the other questions you have.

Then if you have questions it's best to start a new thread in the right section with one or 2 related questions, as posting a whole bunch of questions in someone else's existing thread tends to get lost and you probably won't get answers.

So in this thread we want to stick to just the one question about how to find a niche.

The #1 rule in my oppinion is that you need to go with somethinig you like. I tried to do something I didn't like because I thought it was a good idea but I never kept up with it because I hated it haha.

This is some great advice, and I agree that you have to like what your selling or it definitely is a lot harder to make money.

I'm not sure it's been mentioned anywhere in this thread, but...

After you pick some possible niches and are trying to narrow it down to the best one here's
<a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/niche-marketing/14441-how-do-niche-keyword-research.html#post43897">How to do Niche Keyword Research</a> to determine what niche may be best or you can even use this to find new niches you may not have thought of.

Here's another look at how to pick your 1st niche,
with some slightly different but very valuable ideas.

6 Steps to choosing a niche

1. Write a list of everything you like to do, care about or gets you excited. It can be anything: golf, knitting, baby products, the ocean or even the color blue. What ever it is write it down. Try to create a list of thirty things that interest you.

2. Look at your list and begin to cross out the ones you dont feel as passionate about. You may like sports cars but you are only slightly interested in home electronics. Narrow your list down to your top 10

It goes on to explain how to further whittle down your list to the best niches and how to check to see if they'll be profitable.

I am a newbie and completely lost. I have a lot of trouble deciding what my niche should be and this article helped me somehow. thank you so much :)

Finding that niche

It took me quite a while to find a few niche that I wanted to work in. The best thing is to take a blank piece of paper and think of every possible type of product you can sell. It really has to be a product you would like, because if you don't, you will hate it, and quit and waste a lot of time and money.

Then, start doing keyword searches to see how many searches a month for those products. If there are only a couple searches for aardvark jackets, that might not be a good niche.

And don't pick things like PC's, TV's, cameras, or consumer electronics, as there are thousands and thousands of people already selling that stuff. The best think is to dig deep and specialize in a specific niche. I ended up with self defense and home protection products.

I started searching for a wholesaler, and found one that offered pre-built websites that give you a fast way to get up and running. After you get started, and have the money, move everything over to your own control, and just keep growing.

It's been 2 years, and we did almost $300,000 in total sales last year, part time. This is a great site & I'll be back to keep sharing...

MI
Back