The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to Pick Your 1st Niche

Like I stated in a previous post. I would start with a niche that you actually have a passion for. My 1st niche was in health. Needless to say I knew very little about the subject and i really did not have the passion for it. I have since then changed my niche and I'm having fun doing it.

Here are 3 good tips:

1) Many sites (like ClickBank) tell you which products are doing the best (gravity rating). Promote those products first.

2) Keep an eye on Amazon and B&N top 20 sellers.

3) Check eBay's Pulse items

Wow awesome blog post here. I wish I had information like this when I was FIRST starting. I remember first starting and tryng for keywords like make money online - ridiculous! Newbies you definitely need to follow and appreciate free information like this!

Im new in this business. I start whit chellenge (challenge..co). There I found answer on 80% all my questions!

When you want to choose a niche, just do a little bit of research with the help of search engines and go with the one you feel you can do. My 'do' means your 'ability to write about' and also 'your ability to compete with others that were there before you'

Oh no - that's a tough spot to be in.

I know I've even started sites on niches I WAS excited about, then lost interest and it just felt like WORK!

It's tough to find the right niche so there are 2 choices that I can see.

1) If you think there is money in the niche, you just don't like it. Either push through and try to find a way to make yourself enjoy the niche. Trick yourself, make it fun. Make up contests to help yourself reach goals, etc. Or outsource the parts you don't like dong yourself.

So in other words if you can't change your niche, then change your attitude about it or the way you work it.

2) Give up and pick another niche. That can be tough too depending on how much you have invested in it.

RE: Finding A Hot Niche...

Hi Guys,

Been away for a while working on projects. Just wanted to check in with ya.

Let me respectfully say that I do like the idea of finding a niche that you are passionate about...BUT...

...if you are online to make money and you want to make it quickly you need to find a hot, LARGE, niche.

You have probably heard me make reference to the 'mega' niches before. [removed]

But for the sake of brevity the niche must generate enough traffic that you can "break off" a specialty in the niche.

Trust me when I tell you that you can spend days, weeks, months, or longer
wasting time in a "fun" niche but losing your shirt or not making any money.

...why bother?!

You want to get your online business cranking out cash ASAP.

That's my 2 cents!

I've discovered it's easy to get passionate about any niche if it makes you money. :eek::cool: ..then you can just get passionate about discovering those income streams.

And I agree with Linda.. outsource. Personally I love two parts of my business the best; niche research.. finding great niches using my niche finding methods. And seeing that translate into dollars in my affiliate accounts.

Everything in between i try to outsource or at the very least automate. ;)

Here are my few tips:

1) Find something that you enjoy. If you don't enjoy what you are marketing, it is going to get old.
2) Do research with Google Adwords Keyword Tool (or another tool) to find out whether or not it could be profitable.
3) Perform searches in Google for what you will be marketing to see how competitive it is.
4) Have fun!

Hope that helps!

I always found that if you enjoy whatever niche you go into, it will be easier for those hard manual labor hours that is required to get a website running.

Follow Your Heart Or At Least Your Skill!

Passion is everything in making a wealthy living. Doing what you love to do and making thousands a week, is (for some), the American dream. However, it doesn't come without a price. Something will be sacrificed, be it, time, family, sleep or whatever. So be balanced.

Over the years, you have learned so much and have acquired so many skills, it would be a loss to others, if you didn't create your own "How To Series", about your skills in action. Just start recording what you know. Video is the future on the Internet.

I'm currently, working on two micro-niches at once. I'm expecting to complete both packages within 30 days. (My personal goal).

Anyway,

Either follow your heart or follow your skill and get the wealth you deserve! :)

The most important thing is to pick right niche. It is not question of profitability or money. Just bear in mind that you have to spend some time in writing, discussing reading about niche topics. So, the best way to start with affiliate marketing is to pick up a niche you are really interested in. Your passion could dedicate your success.

Finding the right niche for you is pretty simple, I always like to choose a niche that I have interests in. Thats the method I use anyways.

Guys, you are all awesome contributing to this thread! I'm new here and I've been stuck as to how to get started and keep putting it off. I now have a starting point :) Thanks!

Hi Mellisa. :) If you are engaged in niche marketing, spotting trends is extremely important. One particularly useful approach is to post on forums pertaining to your niche. This way you can see what your potential customers are talking about, anticipate shifts in demand, and keep your marketing efforts ahead of the curve! Best of luck. :)

The first thing to do is to make sure you know about the niche you are wanting to promote.

If you are a dog lover you will do better at the dog lover niche than something you know nothing about.

Once you find it you must find the right keywords for your niche. These keywords should have very low competition. With good search counts.

Now you can build your website or blog. Next you will want to find good products to sell on your site. You can get them from Amazon or Commission Junction.

banners
Back