The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How to get started with copywriting?

Always think of your audience when writing a copy. Don’t write long complicated phrases – the simpler the better. And don’t use “meaningless” words, like the best, the most effective etc. Give the audience numbers and profs instead.

@Graybeard , is there anything you don't know? I don't think so. I want your brain. :D

As for the herd mentality (I see it on that image above), I hope no one ever again, uses, "Who Else Wants...."! I swear I'll puke if I see that one more time. Mind you, it's been a while since almost every sales page has had it but as soon as I see it, I bounce off the page. Wouldn't matter if it was offering me immortal life (I don't want it, anyway), I'll never know because I'll never read what's on there.

Guess I'm begging people to figure out what's been done to death and do something fresh yet targeted. Don't tell me it can't be done, just do it. The visitor and conversion gods may reward you.

@Yash Dodeja , I think the fact that you want to improve and you're willing to learn, is an excellent start!

Something in these threads may prove helpful or inspiring:

https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/how-to-become-a-professional-copywriter.103545/
https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/how-to-master-copywriting.93235/page-2#post-545914

You may also want to add Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman to your reading list. ;)

I'd also study the work of other good (preferably great) writers. Practice is, of course, very important.

Storytelling is always the best. Stories tap into our unconscious mind and bypass objections. It's not necessarily telling your personal story, either. You can use the 3 character types and 5 major storylines to sell anything.

Stories create urgency --

(get the better end of the deal)
  • Take advantage of our current overstock.
  • Retailers are always advertising before inventory sales: If we can sell it we don't have to count it.
  • Save before our scheduled price increase next month.
(be a part of sudden kindness)
  • For every purchase this month we are donating $5 to (some neutral charity -- Red Cross or the like)
(help us out and benefit)
  • Buy now, save 50% and help us sort out the v2.66 beta then receive the updated final release FREE.

Stories are a reason to buy when told right ;)
Good mention Todd
Yes, thanks for your response. It's amazing how easy it becomes once you learn these simple techniques. You'll see through every commercial, etc. It's like you'll never see the world the same again, lol

I am also a big fan of Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.
Here is another great resource Sales Letter Template. by David Frey google it!
That's where I started many moons ago.

Everything that we do with copy has been shown to us buy the guys
that came before us in in the direct marketing industry way back when
mail order catalogs were the only way to get their products in-front of eyeballs.

Think of how easy we have it now...
We can just but adds and target whatever demographic we want to...

So back to your question.

You have to put yourself into the mind of your visitor. Who are they and where and what
time in your relationship they are in {what I mean is are they a cold lead ,warm ,hot} do they know you
or your brand and what are they thinking when they arrive on your sales page.

Marketing is nothing more then your visitors before state[before they have your product} and the after state.
{after they own your product}.
They before is the pain the after is the pill.

We as copywriters petal the pain and tweak it and twist it and then we introduce them to the pill.{our product.}

I hope that this helped you a little bit.

I think when you writing a copy you try you can't write complicated words and don't write a long complicated phrase and use an interesting word in your writing.

Best advice here is thinking about your audience (identify with them) while writing which is the hardest. Many ppl dont want to think, but just create the post the fastest way possible.

You dont even need to become expert in the field you write about. Read through some blogs, and soon you will see many things repeat. Then its time to write about it

What do you honestly mean here ? Just start probably. What are your interests beside copy writing ? Take a few and then join things like IWriter.com, Freelancer.com, UpWork.com, Fivver.com and all of services like that and you should be good over time with it.

Hey Friends,

I am a beginner in Copywriting. Any tips you want to share with the community and me which will help me be a better copywriter?

Thanks

Lots of self-education and lots of practice. Start with free courses and manuals, remember that there are different types of content (blog article, landing page, press release etc) Create Upwork and Fiverr account to get first orders. Set the lowest price and grow.

MI
Back