“mobile”/ paypertrail
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

How to get started with copywriting?

Discussion in 'Copywriting' started by Yash Dodeja, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Yash Dodeja

Yash Dodeja Affiliate affiliate

Hey Friends,

I am a beginner in Copywriting. Any tips you want to share with the community and me which will help me be a better copywriter?

Thanks

2. CPA Evolution
  3. DataMaster1988

DataMaster1988 Affiliate affiliate

Always think of your audience when writing a copy. Don’t write long complicated phrases – the simpler the better. And don’t use “meaningless” words, like the best, the most effective etc. Give the audience numbers and profs instead.

LosPollos likes this.
  4. LosPollos

LosPollos Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

Good tips from DataMaster. Learn about sales and apply the same strategies to your copy.

5. azgold

azgold Super Moderator Super Mod moderator affiliate

@Graybeard , is there anything you don't know? I don't think so. I want your brain. :D

As for the herd mentality (I see it on that image above), I hope no one ever again, uses, "Who Else Wants...."! I swear I'll puke if I see that one more time. Mind you, it's been a while since almost every sales page has had it but as soon as I see it, I bounce off the page. Wouldn't matter if it was offering me immortal life (I don't want it, anyway), I'll never know because I'll never read what's on there.

Guess I'm begging people to figure out what's been done to death and do something fresh yet targeted. Don't tell me it can't be done, just do it. The visitor and conversion gods may reward you.

6. azgold

@Yash Dodeja , I think the fact that you want to improve and you're willing to learn, is an excellent start!

Something in these threads may prove helpful or inspiring:

https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/how-to-become-a-professional-copywriter.103545/
    https://www.affiliatefix.com/threads/how-to-master-copywriting.93235/page-2#post-545914

You may also want to add Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman to your reading list. ;)

I'd also study the work of other good (preferably great) writers. Practice is, of course, very important.

tyoussef likes this.
  7. ToddM

ToddM Affiliate affiliate

Storytelling is always the best. Stories tap into our unconscious mind and bypass objections. It's not necessarily telling your personal story, either. You can use the 3 character types and 5 major storylines to sell anything.

tyoussef and azgold like this.
  8. ToddM

ToddM Affiliate affiliate

Yes, thanks for your response. It's amazing how easy it becomes once you learn these simple techniques. You'll see through every commercial, etc. It's like you'll never see the world the same again, lol

azgold likes this.
  9. chanel majic

chanel majic Affiliate affiliate

Know what category you are in and write for your readers. And also, find the best keyword tool to find the right keywords for your article.

10. jacksouth

jacksouth Affiliate affiliate

Try to develop your own voice. Make your copy good, engaging, but also unmistakable. That's the way to really build a reputation and be irreplacable.

11. AdamLatiff

AdamLatiff Affiliate affiliate

Read Gary Halbert's "Hands on Experience" letter and follow its advice.

Here you go: The Gary Halbert Letter

That and rewriting copies. Basically read a good copy and write it again on your own, even if it's word for word. You'd be amazed what you'd lean and discover by doing that.

12. Periodix

Periodix Affiliate affiliate

Read for some tips and practice! Take more offers and be better.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2018
  13. tac88

tac88 Affiliate affiliate

I am also a big fan of Cashvertising by Drew Eric Whitman.
    Here is another great resource Sales Letter Template. by David Frey google it!
    That's where I started many moons ago.

Everything that we do with copy has been shown to us buy the guys
    that came before us in in the direct marketing industry way back when
    mail order catalogs were the only way to get their products in-front of eyeballs.

Think of how easy we have it now...
    We can just but adds and target whatever demographic we want to...

So back to your question.

You have to put yourself into the mind of your visitor. Who are they and where and what
    time in your relationship they are in {what I mean is are they a cold lead ,warm ,hot} do they know you
    or your brand and what are they thinking when they arrive on your sales page.

Marketing is nothing more then your visitors before state[before they have your product} and the after state.
    {after they own your product}.
    They before is the pain the after is the pill.

We as copywriters petal the pain and tweak it and twist it and then we introduce them to the pill.{our product.}

I hope that this helped you a little bit.

azgold likes this.
  14. azgold

I love The Gary Halbert Letter! It explains the process so well and simply.

15. Mansi shrivastav

Mansi shrivastav Affiliate affiliate

I think when you writing a copy you try you can't write complicated words and don't write a long complicated phrase and use an interesting word in your writing.

16. RobertRay

RobertRay Affiliate affiliate

I think you need to find a good niche where you are an expert. After that, you can try to find clients.

17. joeyyyy

joeyyyy Affiliate affiliate

Best advice here is thinking about your audience (identify with them) while writing which is the hardest. Many ppl dont want to think, but just create the post the fastest way possible.

You dont even need to become expert in the field you write about. Read through some blogs, and soon you will see many things repeat. Then its time to write about it

Paiva likes this.
  18. Paiva

Paiva Affiliate affiliate

What do you honestly mean here ? Just start probably. What are your interests beside copy writing ? Take a few and then join things like IWriter.com, Freelancer.com, UpWork.com, Fivver.com and all of services like that and you should be good over time with it.

19. Anastasia Stefanuk

Anastasia Stefanuk Affiliate affiliate

I like all your ideas guys. Thanks!

banners