“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How To Find Profitable Products?

Adflex.io

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AdFlex
Hi everyone!

Today, I want to discuss ideas for finding profitable products. Let's see 5 ways that help you find them:

1. Start with your hobbies or interests

This is a good place to start because it would be much more enjoyable to sell a product that you’re interested in. But as we said earlier, just because you like a particular product doesn’t mean others will. You will still need to evaluate your ideas, but list down some products that would interest you to start. If there’s potential to sell something you can easily get behind, then why not?

When jotting down ideas, think about how you’d like your product to be better than what’s currently available in the market. You love to play pickle ball, but have yet to find the “perfect paddle.” How can you outdo paddles in the market so that they can solve customer problems and needs?

2. Figure out what is currently trending

Capitalizing on growing trends is a smart way to make money selling products online — especially if you catch one at its onset. But how do you even find out what is trending?

If you’re active on social media, especially on apps like TikTok, you can get a good idea of what products people are talking about. What categories do people love? What new items are consumers raving about? This is a helpful way to harvest ideas but be wary of “fads” instead of trends. We’ll go over this more later when we discuss evaluating product ideas.

3. Search on Amazon

An excellent way to generate good product ideas is to go right to the source: where people are buying them! Amazon features a few different “best sellers” lists you can dig through to find ideas.

4. Attend wholesale trade shows

This is not a strategy that is often mentioned when talking about product research. Trade shows are a fantastic way to meet suppliers and manufacturers in person. They’re also where you can actually touch and experience different types of products firsthand, and discover new innovations in the market.

Meeting suppliers in person versus contacting them online through sites such as Alibaba gives you a huge advantage over the competition. You can build real-life relationships and usually get the best pricing when negotiating in person.

Trade shows are also great for retailers versus someone trying to create a private-label product. Retailers buy other brands at wholesale prices and then resell them for a profit either in a brick & mortar store, e-commerce website, or online marketplace such as Amazon.

5. Search on Alibaba

Many brands and sellers use Alibaba, a B2B marketplace, to find unique products they can private label and sell under their own brand. Alibaba works in a similar fashion to Amazon. Search for any type of product you’re interested in, and you will see many results pop up.

You can find practically any product you can think of on Alibaba. They also feature top-ranking products and new arrivals to give you some unique ideas.

So, what is your opinion on finding profitable products? Share them below!

Last edited:
2. Figure out what is currently trending
4. Attend wholesale trade shows

These are the two I love the most. I tend to tell others to follow the money and not their dreams when it comes to finding offers and building out funnels. These two selections support that position.

Current trends and the needs and wants of the masses is where the money is for me and talking to suppliers has always given me great insights. The daily national and international news is another awesome source for what upcoming needs are for specific geos and populations.

Thanks for your insight TJ. Everyone who wants to find and follow the trends must be up to date in any situation.

Thanks for advices
My method of choosing a product for my audience its in this way
I look at that product like i will be a client ,if i like it then probably other people will like it
Also sometimes i buy the product myself to have the best knowledge of it

TAM, or total addressable market, is a key metric when evaluating a product's potential.

When evaluating a product, TAM, or total addressable market, is a key metric. This figure represents the maximum potential revenue an affiliate can generate by selling the products or services to the target market.

To calculate TAM, affiliates first identify their target market and then estimate the size of that market.

The TAM calculation takes into account both the current and future potential of an offer's target market. TAM is a valuable metric for affiliates because it provides a concrete goal to aim for. By understanding their TAM, affiliates can make informed decisions about where to allocate their resources in order to maximize their revenue.

Additionally, TAM can help affiliates to identify new opportunities for growth. For example, if metrics show a product or service's TAM is increasing, you can invest more budget into marketing expense in order to tap into that growth.

By understanding an product's TAM, affiliates can get a better sense of its growth potential.

TAM can also help affiliates to identify products that are less competitive. For example, if an product has a large TAM but is not currently generating a lot of advertising, it may be more profitable and therefore a good advertising opportunity or a less competitive SEO niche.

Overall, TAM is a useful metric for affiliates as it may provide a way to assess an offer's potential and identify opportunities for growth.

Thanks for advices
My method of choosing a product for my audience its in this way
I look at that product like i will be a client ,if i like it then probably other people will like it
Also sometimes i buy the product myself to have the best knowledge of it
This is a good way for sure!

TAM, or total addressable market, is a key metric when evaluating a product's potential.

When evaluating a product, TAM, or total addressable market, is a key metric. This figure represents the maximum potential revenue an affiliate can generate by selling the products or services to the target market.

To calculate TAM, affiliates first identify their target market and then estimate the size of that market.

The TAM calculation takes into account both the current and future potential of an offer's target market. TAM is a valuable metric for affiliates because it provides a concrete goal to aim for. By understanding their TAM, affiliates can make informed decisions about where to allocate their resources in order to maximize their revenue.

Additionally, TAM can help affiliates to identify new opportunities for growth. For example, if metrics show a product or service's TAM is increasing, you can invest more budget into marketing expense in order to tap into that growth.

By understanding an product's TAM, affiliates can get a better sense of its growth potential.

TAM can also help affiliates to identify products that are less competitive. For example, if an product has a large TAM but is not currently generating a lot of advertising, it may be more profitable and therefore a good advertising opportunity or a less competitive SEO niche.

Overall, TAM is a useful metric for affiliates as it may provide a way to assess an offer's potential and identify opportunities for growth.
How do they calculate it? Is there a specific "Way" for calculating it?

How do they calculate it? Is there a specific "Way" for calculating it?

Generally speaking do some math.

1. Select product.
  2. Select real word data on the products market segment.
  3. Try to find publicly traded businesses in that product or service's segment and study their growth rates --
    • ISS-EVA
    • I/B/E/S from Refinitiv Report
    • Ford Equity Research
    • Jefferson Financial
    • Thomson Reuters/Verus
    • Zacks Investment Research
    • Argus A6 Report
    • GOOG Google overall Compustat S&P Global ® – 08/22/2022
      click to enlarge Now do MSFT Microsoft
      so what looks better trending?
      Free sample ;)
    • GOOG-revenue.jpg
  4. Some products can be related to consumer reported income from public tax data to establish a TAM indicator
  5. Are you selling debt consolidation in the US GEO?
    FRED is one of the best financial data sources in the US for segmented data
  6. Quarterly Services - Historical Data
  7. Evaluating something to do with college/uni student needs?
    View attachment 26122
    click for full size
    bd-business-devopment-trend-test-factors.jpg

8. Approved_H1B_2017_Employers_ at DuckDuckGo

FY 2012 hb1 immigrant employment
    Employer Tax Number (Last 4 digits),Employer Name,Number of Approved Petitions,Average Salary,Beneficiary's Degree/Diploma3581,GOOGLE INC,"1,163","$129,138",Master's,543
    3581,GOOGLE INC,D,"$165,000",Bachelor's,
  9. FY 2016
    3581, GOOGLE INC ,2517," 131,882 ",Bachelor's,700
    4521, GOOGLE LIFE SCIENCES LLC,26," 137,308 ",Bachelor's,D
    3798, GOOGLE VENTURES MGMT CO LLP ,D," 150,000 ",Bachelor's,D
    9581, GOOGLE INC ,D," 138,000 ",Master's,D
    3358, GOOGLE INC ,D," 115,000 ",Bachelor's,D
Bottom line: Data that is from questionable internet sources --is questionable

These are only examples! Do your own research. And use credible sources!

Last edited:
MI
Back