Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

How to Add Second tier link tracking for affiliates

Shawna Lum

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Goso.io Social Media Growth Services
Goso.io Affiliate
Hi all. I am an affiliate manager and I need to integrate second tier tracking for my company. We need to give commissions to a partner on the commissions of people he signs up.

We are using Amember for our link tracking and system(who says it is not possible to have second tier tracking). Can you let me know what I can do to enable second tier tracking? Is there something else I should set up to get our partner second tier tracking on a third party?

Please help

You need to integrate an entirely different system like Cake, Tapaffiliate, Capterra, etc. I don't know if they will work with AMember. You will have to visit their sites to see if the maybe have an API that will integrate with AMember.

You just need a column in the affiliate database something like this;
|affiliateID|aff1|aff2
  • affiliateID is the current affiliate
  • aff1 is the first
  • aff2 the next
30%|5%|5%

So when someone buys the initial affiliate is paid-out
then if there is a 1 and or 2 they get their cut

You just need a column in the affiliate database something like this;
|affiliateID|aff1|aff2
  • affiliateID is the current affiliate
  • aff1 is the first
  • aff2 the next
30%|5%|5%

So when someone buys the initial affiliate is paid-out
then if there is a 1 and or 2 they get their cut

I tried that on S2Member and had errors and omissions.

Tracking secondary and tertiary affiliates and automatically dashboarding their commissions as affiliates under one's umbrella, of referral, is a bit more than what you proposed I think. You can do your way, but you rely completely on your own calculations and not on a platforms calculations that reports to your primary affiliate dashboard.

Thank you all for your advice! I will pass on these tips to management. BTW TJ loving this forum. So much value here.

Tools suck for that! There are some that can do 2 levels as you said above.
But we were a self-administered webcam affiliate program there was no S2S from some network or other source -- and we operated our own PCI-DSS billing servers. We had to compensate the models and studios the same way also.
I helped develop these programs --we had our own developers.
We did the tracking for 2 levels --3 would work also.

We delivered the stats in XML and in a custom HTML for the affiliates --NP (usually LOL --we had a few general outages but the records were there to restore)

But we were a self-administered webcam affiliate program there was no S2S from some network or other source -- and we operated our own PCI-DSS billing servers. We had to compensate the models and studios the same way also.
I helped develop these programs --we had our own developers.
We did the tracking for 2 levels --3 would work also.

We delivered the stats in XML and in a custom HTML for the affiliates --NP (usually LOL --we had a few general outages but the records were there to restore)
Have you ever succesfully done this on Amember?

Yes, I don't doubt that a customized solution by developers and you can create an awesome solution. However, most are not in a position to do that. The expense can be overwhelming for many when just getting started, or in their first year or two.

Yes, I don't doubt that a customized solution by developers and you can create an awesome solution. However, most are not in a position to do that. The expense can be overwhelming for many when just getting started, or in their first year or two.
Our developer and Amember said it is IMPOSSIBLE.. I think it is nuts that that feature can't be done.

Hi all. I am an affiliate manager and I need to integrate second tier tracking for my company. We need to give commissions to a partner on the commissions of people he signs up.

We are using Amember for our link tracking and system(who says it is not possible to have second tier tracking). Can you let me know what I can do to enable second tier tracking? Is there something else I should set up to get our partner second tier tracking on a third party?

Please help
I have Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3 tracking for my affiliate program. Weare utilizing Leaddyno for tracking.

MI
Back