The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

how spy tools work for aff marketing

forest

affiliate
I was wondering how spy tools like 'What Runs Where' work in affiliate and cpa marketing
I assume the sites crawls the internet for hyper links of such a site and return results matching certain criteria

But as an affiliate how do I know who my competition is
I mean take a simple email submit offer how do I know the different landing pages used by different affiliates or is it meant to work with direct linking where i simply get the address of the clients landing page

Thanks

I was wondering how spy tools like 'What Runs Where' work in affiliate and cpa marketing
I assume the sites crawls the internet for hyper links of such a site and return results matching certain criteria

But as an affiliate how do I know who my competition is
I mean take a simple email submit offer how do I know the different landing pages used by different affiliates or is it meant to work with direct linking where i simply get the address of the clients landing page

Thanks

Here is, for example, the first page of WRW:

Gain a Competitive Edge
Stay ahead by tracking your competitor’s ad strategy
Identify Key Business Opportunities
Effortlessly find quality leads and maximize your sales
Benchmark for Measurable Success
Evaluate your strategy, set effective goals and defy all challenges
Take Control of Your Brand Identity
Easily keep tabs on where your ads are running
Create Insightful Reports
Easily build reports with data that truly informs strategic decisions

Uncover Top Ads

Search by Advertiser

Search by Publisher

Search by Keyword

So you can find the landing pages, the ads, the keywords, etc., of competitors with the competitive intelligence tools like WRW. Competitive intelligence is a must have for us as marketers. However, as a Newbie, if you haven't yet mastered a tracker, a traffic source, or a vertical niche, then buying the monthly subscription to these services may be a bit premature.

Sorry for not getting back til now

I have been busy designing landing pages and websites

You are right I cant afford the fees for WRW at the moment
However would still like to understand how they work

lets take a 'win an iphone' email submit
How do I find out on WRW or similar who my competitors are

I mean there will be 100's or 1000's of people with landing pages or direct linking such offers.
Does it give me or can it give me intelagence on all of them

and what do I search for - the offer type, key words,. CPA landing page

Last edited:
At AdsXposed we are a mobile PPV (popup/redirect) tool. We scrape as you first suggested, by crawling sites and collecting information on the popups.

We also categorize all of our landing pages, so for example in the Sweepstakes category there are a ton if iPhone landing pages:

_j9rssll.png

We actually have an affiliatefix discount too, you can read about that here: AdsXposed

lets take a 'win an iphone' email submit
How do I find out on WRW or similar who my competitors are

I mean there will be 100's or 1000's of people with landing pages or direct linking such offers.
Does it give me or can it give me intelagence on all of them

and what do I search for - the offer type, key words,. CPA landing page

You don't need to know who the competitors are. You just need to get the data on the successful campaigns out there.

The idea, in simple terms, is to find what's working and develop something of your own that works as well or better.

Hey you might be interested to check out www.MakeMassive.com we have dedicated sections show the affiliate landers and ads used by affiliate, this can give you a ton of ideas on what affiliate are promoting and how the are profiting. The site is free to browse and we support Pops, Native, Adult and Display with Desktop and Mobile.

Here is an example of our native ad affiliate landers page...

Selection_092.jpg

Usually, the spy tools do make crawls over the links on the interested pages and therefore give you the required information. There are some spy tools that will provide you with the possible information about your competitors. It is just a matter of trying them out and see which fits your requirement. Do not be afraid of taking risks btw, just try them out and get the feedback.

MI
Back