The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Agile method uses in digital marketing.

Graybeard

How can the Agile method be applied in digital marketing?

from a pdf
Another change with
agile approaches is the
use of short, time boxed
delivery cycles referred to
as iterations or sprints.
These iterations include
all the work necessary to
go from a requirement to
a running, tested feature
that could be delivered
to production. The use of
iterations allows the team
to continuously reflect
on their past efforts and
adapt their processes

Then simplified via ChatGPT

1697804620783.png

I always referred to this for over 20 years as 'laddering' --the approach used in programming. Design the code step by step --test each step --towards an end goal.

New semantics for an old process presented as some current `innovation` ;)

Working for companies that develop software I've used waterfall (old anti-agile), scrum and lean (not properly though) methods. I have little experience with in digital marketing though.

In my experience the methods are about splitting "work" into smaller separate pieces/features (called user stories), prioritizing and estimating them. Then allow the (development/test) team to commit to them for some time (usually two weeks) and then analyze the result. The difference with the waterfall method is that there will be a release of software every x weeks instead of one final product release. By doing so there are less mistakes/errors/bugs at a time, and when one occurs better choices can be made (either postpone the release of the sprint or fix it in the next). These methods are focussed on teams working for a customer and allow the teams to have focus (during the sprint development/testing). They can be used for project that can work with versions.

'Laddering' is the basis for these methodologies, but they are larger than just that, scrum is seen as an framework which also specifies which roles you have (Product owner, scrum master, developers), the way you split the work (user stories) and how you estimate (using storypoints allowing only Fibonacci numbers or an other set of numbers, which are translated into hours), how you track progress (burn down chart) and how to keep each other informed/help each other (daily standups) and more.

In digital marketing I can imagine that you have similar cycles as in software development. You create a version of you website (or other media), you analyze the results, plan what to do and then improve your website to analyze the results again. This can be used for visual changes to your website, a shift on focus audience/keywords etc.

banners
Back