The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How often do you blog?

almost everyday i couldn't help not to touch my laptop and every day i updated my blog with fresh content on it.

I don't post near as often as I should, I can remember reading somewhere that if you let 4 months pass with out a post your blog falls in ranking from what ever rankings you had.
Not positive about that 4 month figure, am thinking 6 weeks is a better figure (based on the concept that it takes (or used to take) Google 6 weeks to circumnavigate the globe)

A better answer depends on what it is you're wanting to get out of blogging.

My reasoning is to blog "in support of" a main website, towards that end I have what I call "first tier" and "second tier" blogs. The second tier I simply republish authoritative articles on the topic of the main target site and use them to link towards the main target site.

About ranking: to speak authoritatively about ranking one must consider that there are over 200 determining factors going into Google's decision making process to choose who should rank first, and who should rank second...

If all things are "equal" or "relatively equal" then the algorithm resorts to other considerations: If site A is ranking and you are site B... and the two of you are almost equal... if you post more often then site A does, you'll overtake him/her.

so... saying I blog X amount of times works (or fails to work) in increasing one's ranking depends on the competition, he they are "asleep at the switch", your blogging frequency will help more than otherwise.

hope that helps

How often

I blog (i.e. mostly reply on blogs) almost everyday. It makes me feel good and I get to use my free time to the max visiting various blogs and writings and peoples views and what not.
I do not have any 'fixed' place or type of blog to visit.They are so varied and so interesting,why limit the experience !

now a days I usually blog for around 3 - 4 times a week but promoting only once in a while though :(

We try to update our company blog as often as possible but only when we have something to say that is relevant to our subscribers such as latest internet/digital industry news and research or company updates. We aim for weekly updates, more if possible.

I make 2-3 qualitative posts a week (frankly speaking, I write them on Sundays, and then schedule post them :) ) and try to add some interesting news/info of general nature on daily basis - qualitative posts let the advertisers see that my blog is niche related and the news updates are good to drive traffic to the blog.

Actually it depends on quality and uniqueness of your blog posts. Try to post one blog post with quality instead of 3-4 without quality and uniqueness.

DON.

MI
Back