The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How long before you guys started making money

kevinv91

Hey I was just wondering how long it took you to start making decent money doing affiliate marketing. All replies are welcome.

A couple of weeks. I started almost twenty years ago with affiliate programs for hosting & registrars. After mastering them, I added the affiliate programs for the coaching courses of Frank Kern, John Reese, and Ryan Deiss, as well as a few others. Then, in 2005, I went in big with lead gen for Realtors.

hey it typically takes with two months if you have good adult traffic to start making money. fyi

You really need to understand that it all depends on your budget, your intelectual absorption rate, and time put in. These elements are different for everyone.

As xlovecash says, 2 months is typical, but that is just an average. Inexperienced Newbies can typically expect 2 months if working with a small budget, average intelligence, and working at it just a few hours per day.

When i started, I spent a good 8 to 12 hours a day and with a pretty great budget of several thousand dollars (which was a bunch in the late '90's).

You really need to understand that it all depends on your budget, your intelectual absorption rate, and time put in. These elements are different for everyone.

As xlovecash says, 2 months is typical, but that is just an average. Inexperienced Newbies can typically expect 2 months if working with a small budget, average intelligence, and working at it just a few hours per day.

When i started, I spent a good 8 to 12 hours a day and with a pretty great budget of several thousand dollars (which was a bunch in the late '90's).

That's a great story! Can I ask you when you started you were doing affiliate marketing after your college studies or your 9-5 job? how much did you sleep while hustling?

I've been in the business for three months, but I haven't made any money yet, and it probably has a lot to do with my approach.

That's a great story! Can I ask you when you started you were doing affiliate marketing after your college studies or your 9-5 job? how much did you sleep while hustling?

I always have had more than one stream of income.

I allow for time to work and I allow for personal time. Time management is as important as your tools, your education, and your budgets.

Haven't had a 9 to 5 ever!

Yea I started recently with Wealthy Affiliate and am learning a lot of new things every day. The main reason I started learning there was because it's free to sign up. I upgraded within a few days because the amount of training they had to offer seemed endless and the people on there were extremely nice and helpful.

I have a couple sites up and running and love it so far. The biggest thing holding me back is funds to invest in myself and my websites otherwise I'd be a lot better off. So now I'm relying on organic traffic and other free means until I'm able to start paying for ads, better tools, etc. I'm determined, putting a lot of time and energy into making this work though. I estimate that within 6 months I will be doing very well if I keep doing what I am now. By then I should have the money to really start investing in myself so that will be a huge plus as well. I could definitely use a seasoned mentor though, no doubt about that. My look at life is people are capable of almost anything with the right training.
I also forgot to mention I've had the info on where I got started in my [ v Signature Below v ]

Took me 3 weeks as an affiliate but I had a related online business with traffic -- that helped a lot.

I also got a $200 sign-up bonus.

I started in the adult industry, my first month made $363.00. Im on my 4th month of operation and hoping for $1000 this month as that was my initial goal when I started.

Just curious what network did you use and did you have any experience in Aff. marketing before this? I was thinking maybe working with the adult industry if the money decent.

MI
Back