Albertomax1

Certified Vendor
Affiliate Manager
AffKit Ninja
MyFavoriteSolar.com Affiliate Program /  Highest Commissions!!!  $1000++
Hey guys

How do you ascertain if an offer is too saturated
or has alot or too much competition??

There are lots of ways to discover that - basic checks are by using both the google keyword tool which you can use to discover how many searches per month your offers' niche keyword gets and google adwords planner to see the CPC for the keyword...

A low CPC means low competition and high CPC means stiff competition - lots of advertisers are in a bidding battle - so it drives the CPC upwards....

These are basic checks to give build hunches on how saturated a market is - of course it doesn't stop here....

Thank you Kinsle for the quick response.
I was not clear. I am referring to a specific offer
not a niche. I am looking for a variety of ways to get
this done. Thanks in advance.

Oh i see - unlike clickbank offers/products where you can find competitive products and new products on sites like cbengine - there's no direct way to verify conventionally weather an offer is saturated.

I take it that when you mean an offer which has a lot of competition connotes that it's being promoted by a ton of other affiliates yeah ?

The best way to check is to "plug" it on a competitive analysis tool, there you can access data like the traffic stats - a spiky traffic tells you it's being promoted by a ton of affiliates when a huge chunk of the its traffic is being generated by inbound links (you can also use similarwebs.com to check this).

Another data worth checking is the number of inbound links - the competitive intel tool Spyfu does this welll - you can discover in exact amount how many inbound affiliate links are linking to the offer - a great number means a ton of affs are promoting the said offer.

Usually high competition means the offer is converting great but also means you'd have to outspend your competitors to buy traffic where they are buying to be profitable.

If you're promoting a mobile offer - you shouldn't worry about saturation as mobile has the broadest of audience with somewhat universal appeal...just get your targeting right!

Oh i see - unlike clickbank offers/products where you can find competitive products and new products on sites like cbengine - there's no direct way to verify conventionally weather an offer is saturated.

I take it that when you mean an offer which has a lot of competition connotes that it's being promoted by a ton of other affiliates yeah ?

The best way to check is to "plug" it on a competitive analysis tool, there you can access data like the traffic stats - a spiky traffic tells you it's being promoted by a ton of affiliates when a huge chunk of the its traffic is being generated by inbound links (you can also use similarwebs.com to check this).

Another data worth checking is the number of inbound links - the competitive intel tool Spyfu does this welll - you can discover in exact amount how many inbound affiliate links are linking to the offer - a great number means a ton of affs are promoting the said offer.

Usually high competition means the offer is converting great but also means you'd have to outspend your competitors to buy traffic where they are buying to be profitable.

If you're promoting a mobile offer - you shouldn't worry about saturation as mobile has the broadest of audience with somewhat universal appeal...just get your targeting right!

Brilliant solution Kinsle, however I have a question to ask as well. Do you think that the marketplaces such as oddigger, offervault and the likes good pointers to know how competitive an offer is as well?

Brilliant solution Kinsle, however I have a question to ask as well. Do you think that the marketplaces such as oddigger, offervault and the likes good pointers to know how competitive an offer is as well?

Naaa i don't think they display that kind of info, i would rather check the network's EPC for an offer to give me a basic idea how competitive an offer is -

MI
Back