The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How can I increase the open rate in email marketing?

PureLander

Affiliate Manager
Affiliate Manager
Service Manager
AffKit Ninja
PureLander
We all know how email marketing is a rewarding way for affiliate marketers .. Can you help me with some tips on how to increase the open rate?
this later means the percentage of the total number of times the email was opened by subscribers

- Samira

Your domain reputation has a big impact on your email marketing performance. Email service providers use your domain reputation to determine how trustworthy your emails are.

Write Out At Least Five Headlines. Build Anticipation for Your Emails. Identify the Right Frequency for Your Audience. Deliver Email at the Right Time on the Right Day. Don't Send Emails You Wouldn't Want to Receive.

We all know how email marketing is a rewarding way for affiliate marketers .. Can you help me with some tips on how to increase the open rate?
this later means the percentage of the total number of times the email was opened by subscribers

- Samira
Hi,

Few effective strategies to increase your email subscriber open rate

1 Ask a Question
2 Identify the Right Frequency for Your Audience
3 Build Anticipation for Your Emails
4 Write Out At Least Five Headlines
5 Don't Send Emails You Wouldn't Want to Receive
6 Deliver Email at the Right Time on the Right Day

Hope these are helpful for you.

- Samira
Hi! On our blog (SALESmanago) you will find a great article on how to increase your email click-through rate. It is influenced, among others, by segmentation or images. I encourage to read and check the tips. Hope this helps you :)

Even if you just had a few saves and reopens that would be very important in weighting an A<=>B (or multivariate) test.

Not just for split testing but also for secondary and tertiary emails. One of the things about emails that has long been established is the need to determine who needs a little push when it comes to clicking through and/or engaging. Sometimes, when we (and I in my biz) email, we send 2nd emails only to those that open, and then a 3rd to those that click through.

Can you help me with some tips on how to increase the open rate?

Your relationship with the recipient will be the most important aspect. After that, it's all about engaging with direct knowledge of what can inspire them or direct them to engage.

I don't do cold emails. Here we email only those that are opted in. In my own business I do the same. Once in a great while, I do some solos with the product/service providers in the related industries, but I am very selective about that and those lists are opt-in only. Doing emails in this fashion is connecting with those in which you have some form of a relationship. This is very important IMO. Having an existing relationship is extremely important in relation to open rates.

Open rates will reflect your recipients level of their relationship with you. If they are brand new to you through some form of opt-in, then you must immediately begin bringing them BIG VALUE! I've been a businessman since my late teens working in the restaurant and nightclub business. Back then, and in all of my businesses after, staying in contact with our customers was imperative. No matter the business, bringing value is what causes the customers, clients, and/or those that have a business relationship with you to take action.

So, those that are in a new relationship with you will require a different value than those that are not a new opt-in. Always determine the need of those you email by the level and type of relationship they have with you. This will increase open rates and clicks tremendously.

There are few effective strategies to increase the open rate, but before discussing in detail, the open rate partially depends on your domain's reputation.

Here are few effective strategies to increase your email subscriber open rate:

1. Clear with your subject line
  2. Ask a question
  3. Deliver Email at the right time
  4. Write out at least five headlines
  5. Create anticipation for your Email
I hope these are helpful for you.

Here are a few recommendations that will surely help you to boost your open rates:

Personalize
In terms of email copies, personalization
helps tailor an email template to each particular customer using their contact data.

It can be basic personal data that is rarely or never changed:

• Name;
  • Age;
  • Profession;
  • Birth date;
  • Marital status;
  • Sex;
  • Residence;
  • Email address;
  • Phone number, etc.
It can be data on product preferences and shopping behavior that changes often:
  • Viewed/liked/commented product categories;
  • Viewed/liked/commented products;
  • Liked/shared/commented social posts;
  • Subscription categories;
  • Change of preferred brands;
  • Migration to a different value category, etc.
It can be data on a current interaction or transaction that is always new and unique:
  • Order information (bought items, total price, shipment address);
  • Payment information;
  • Available bonuses in the account/loyalty program;
  • Information on account changes (registration/subscription confirmation, auto-renewal, password reset, cancellation of the service migration to another plan, etc.);
  • Alerts (failed authentication, command error, failed payment), etc.
Each business has its own products and services so customer data varies depending on what you offer. But whatever you can collect can be added to emails.

Use a clear subject line
The most important things for mailing campaigns all the copywriters and email marketers are trumpet about are email subject lines. This is one of the top priority elements that affects the open rate of emails and client’s initial impressions.

The subject line should attract attention but not mislead. A sensational line can make people open the email, but if it doesn’t correlate with the content inside, the subscriber may feel deceived and even willing to unsubscribe.

The main problem when composing the subject is not to find the right words, but even bigger problem is how to be laconic and express the same idea with fewer words. Of course you can ensure your message with preheader, a brief addition or description but it's better when you try to express the main idea purely by subject. Subject line up to 50 characters is convenient for perception on mobile devices - it bypasses the email clients traps that are cutting email opening lines.

You can use the following method: write first a long sentence that answers the question "What is this email about?", then remove the minor details. Basing on this sentence will make it much easier for you to choose emotional words and synonyms.

When several versions of the subject are ready - let your family or colleagues read them, they will help you to get rid of unnecessary doubts and recommend the most catchy email subject line.

Clean Your Email List
You need to update the subscriber list, firstly, to optimize the costs of email marketing, and secondly, to get the maximum audience response. To do this, you need to constantly monitor the main indicators: open rate, delivery rate, CTR, spam complaints.

If some addresses repeatedly got into Errors (or something similar) in previous campaigns, you can export them directly from the report and exclude from the next campaign. Better yet, remove them from the list at all.

Moreover, this will help you to protect your domain from being blacklisted by email clients – if you spoil the sender's reputation, you won’t be able to send either bulk or triggered campaigns. Domain rating depends on many factors, and the cleanliness of your contact list plays an important role here. Reputation will be directly affected by the number of messages marked as spam, non-existent addresses and spam traps, as well as the delivery rates, open rates, and click-through rates of your campaigns.

Last edited by a moderator:

- Samira

How are you writing your subject lines? Usually, subject lines are one of the reasons why you might not be getting a decent open rate.

From my personal experience, I think that the subject is the main factor in getting a good open rate. You have to do them very clickbaity and I suggest to do an A-B test.

- Samira
First by collecting valuable leads that will really be interested in your offer, then by doing segmentation of list to divide it by some similar characteristics that audience share, such as demographics, type of industry where they are operating, a market where they run the business, and so on. Then, while creating an email message, you should take care that it's personalized in some way and that leads can feel that that message is really directed to them. It's especially important to pay attention to this in the subject line which has to be appealing and make people click and open the email and to first two sentences that will be previewed in the inbox and that will give some general idea on what you are trying to achieve with the email.

Testing is also important, and here the segmentation could help a lot, as you can see which type of leads gave you higher open and response rates, which subject lines, and so on, and that could help you determine your further steps.

I have been working with email marketing for five years, so I can say from my work experience that the subject line is essential to increase the open rate of email marketing.
Moreover, try to get an A-B test to get good results.

- Samira

MI
Back