The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

How can I check if a Clickbank vendor plays fair?

Rial4s

affiliate
Recently, my conversion rate goes up-and-down dramatically. A few days ago, an Order Form Sale Conversion (ratio between sales/clicks on the order page) was 15%, the next day it was 3%, then 14%, 12%, 3%, and yesterday 3%. The traffic source is the same - organic articles -> Vendor's Landing page -> Order page. It looks like somebody "playing" with numbers. Usually, there are some differences in a conversion rate - like 2-5%, but it hasn't jumped 10-12% up and down during a few days.

Is there any service or way to check if a vendor somehow wipes my aff ID from the sales page? I checked it manually from different locations, and it does work OK, but I can't predict every scenario.

Call it not paranoia, but caution ;)

Thanks

organic articles -> Vendor's Landing page -> Order page
  • Organic Articles
    • What is an organic article?
    • This does not sound as though it has any targeting options.
  • Vendor Landing Page and Vendor Conversion Page
    • This sounds to me as though you are direct linking. Direct linking from any organic traffic is unpredictable and usually sees a decline in activity over a short period of time.
I suggest you look deeper into traffic sources that convert and start using a professionally built landing page of your own, two would be better for slit test purposes.

Use an intelligence platform to determine what offers, traffic sources, and landers are converting well and with predictability.

Last edited:
good tracker for something like organic traffic

It does not matter whether or not it is organic if you do organic correctly. You are placing the tracker in the path of the traffic whether it is organic or paid traffic. Of course you have more tracking options with paid traffic, but the choice of tracker is not influenced by this.

Always use a tracker.

Some vendors got crazy retargeting their just gonna steal the ones that don't convert on the spot replace them with their own hop link like custom keto their retargeting doesn't even go back to ClickBank it goes through a different funnel with their own payment provider. And after you land on their page they're going to follow you for months probably.

Some vendors got crazy retargeting their just gonna steal the ones that don't convert on the spot replace them with their own hop link like custom keto their retargeting doesn't even go back to ClickBank it goes through a different funnel with their own payment provider. And after you land on their page they're going to follow you for months probably.

We can always control retargeting of our own campaigns. We cannot always control what retargeting the seller may use once they capture someone on their sales page when we sent them there. Always use your own pre-lander and lander when possible, collect the emails and name, funnel them into your own retargeting funnels as well as email campaigns, then send them off to the seller!

MI
Back