The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Here is someone should NOT answer a call...

SoftwareMS

affiliate
This is from another forum but though some of you guys may find it interesting... :D

Them 'good afternoon how can I help'
Me 'I'd like a quote to install some gutters and soffit boards'
Them 'I can't give you a quote on the phone sir, I have to pass your details on to someone else who will call you'
Me (thinking) 'bollox - this is a telesales outfit not company I'm going to be dealing with - I hate them already'
Me 'ok'
Them 'I just need some details - name (ok) Marital status.......'
Me 'what?'
Them 'We have a policy of asking for marital status because sometimes one partner says yes but then the other one disagrees........'
Me 'That's none of your business, I'm trying to buy gutters not get marriage guidance. My policy is not to give out that sort of information. So what do we do now?'
Them 'I'm sorry sir, I don't know what to do'
Me 'do you think your company won't sell me gutters because I won't tell them my marital status?'
Them 'I'll just fill the form in anyway'
Me 'ok'
Them 'Address, Phone number etc etc... who else will have to confirm your decision to buy?'
Me 'what?'
Them 'I'm sorry sir...'
Me 'that's none of your business either, I just want some guttering'
Them (flustered) 'no I suppose not....email addresss?'
Me (beginning to enjoy myself) 'you don't need that'
Them 'Ok sir, someone will call you in a couple of days'
Me 'Thanks - is it just me that objects to personal questions when trying to buy guttering?'
Them 'No Sir, quite a lot of people don't like it'
Me 'thank god for that - I thought we all gone soft in the head - bye'

Doubt I'll like them anymore when the sales guy turns up.

Cheers for that Naz, nice of you to let us know its from another forum, usually its better to give the source of a material credit but its even better to create one's version of the dialogue as search engines prefer unique contents, having exact copies of text on too many sites spoils it.

banners
Back