The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Help Me: A Few Questions Before I Begin

djinn

affiliate
Hello fellow advertisers,

I’m new to Native ads and have a few questions before I start.

I hear a lot of people saying Native ads require a larger budget than normal. I do have a decent budget but I’ve seen money disappear fast and want to start cautiously while I learn the process.

1. Would it be a good idea to start by promoting adult dating ads on things like Traffic stars / profit social / top offers? I watched some of Zorbas Media youtube videos discussing it, and it seem’s like a low cost / somewhat lower risk way of starting with native.

2. Is it not efficient to collect emails with an opt-in on native? It seems like most people are either direct linking or using a landing page. Thoughts?

3. What are you opinions on Zorbas Media? Their youtube workshops seemed pretty genuine and helpful with basic stuff regarding the adult native ads.

Any suggestions welcome!

Last edited:
Your cost of acquisition exceeding your advertising spend is the problem in saturated markets.
(payout - advertising expenses) = cost of acquisition
(After that subtract fixed costs; servers, artwork expense and set up time also allocated general overhead costs.)

Your cost of acquisition exceeding your advertising spend is the problem in saturated markets.
(payout - advertising expenses) = cost of acquisition
(After that subtract fixed costs; servers, artwork expense and set up time also allocated general overhead costs.)

Good point. Any thoughts on adult native as a starting point to get a hang of things? I hear it's somewhat easier to optimize for profits and the audience hasn't gotten to the point of "banner blindness" on platforms like Traffic Stars.

Contra to what is commonly done;
  1. I would consider time of action as a factor
  2. Set goal post metrics for ad tests
  3. Use multivariate (A,B,C and even D) tests with radical deviations in presentation --first.
  4. Take the 'best of show' from the multivariate testing and then make the A<=>B tests
Start slow and test a lot in the beginning this will cost money and is a knowledge investment. Use decent sample sizes. 100 clicks may not be statistically accurate.

I click on some ads but am usually disappointed by the *typical hype* of landing page claims, long videos -- the results are only as good as the product and its presentation --but that's me so it's just my opinion. Point being: If you have a good ad but a poor presentation you will only have marginal success --your funnel and its presentation needs to be tested too.

Hello fellow advertisers,

I’m new to Native ads and have a few questions before I start.

I hear a lot of people saying Native ads require a larger budget than normal. I do have a decent budget but I’ve seen money disappear fast and want to start cautiously while I learn the process.

1. Would it be a good idea to start by promoting adult dating ads on things like Traffic stars / profit social / top offers? I watched some of Zorbas Media youtube videos discussing it, and it seem’s like a low cost / somewhat lower risk way of starting with native.

2. Is it not efficient to collect emails with an opt-in on native? It seems like most people are either direct linking or using a landing page. Thoughts?

3. What are you opinions on Zorbas Media? Their youtube workshops seemed pretty genuine and helpful with basic stuff regarding the adult native ads.

Any suggestions welcome!

I run Native, my advice would be to go for some good non-adult whitehat stuff which is already running.

Don't bother collecting emails, just lander -> offer.

Test 3 ads, same image different headline first. Spend $250 a day, get conversions block publishers after 3x payout with no conversions. If you go for top rated native networks (which you should absolutely be using) start campaign with a $0.5 plus bid. Accept the loss until you optimise.

There is more that then needs to be done after this initial setup, increase budget, lower bid, find good headline then test one thing at a time with statistically significant data.

When starting a campaign if your $5k in the whole with a -70% ROI there is potential :)

MI
Back